Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check it out. its me and my girlfriend's daily for winter.. its already setup for winter.. installed the thule rack for snowboarding...

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Nice purchase. Always good to see another Tribeca on the road. Looks like you already got some accessories installed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Magic Marker said:
Nice purchase. Always good to see another Tribeca on the road. Looks like you already got some accessories installed.
thanks.. i love the car.. it hhas a lot of power and handling is pretty good.. brakes couldve been a lil better but its good enough... this is our first brand new car... i have nissan 240sx 1996 and 1993 and my girlfriend has a mazda miata 93LE.. we love rwd and we need AWD for winter...

We prolly got everything that you could probably add to the car..
-Puddle lights
-Front lower underrguard
-Trailer hitch with Tranny cooler
-Limited package(leather and sunroof)
-Navigation with rear back up camera
-Mudflaps which is backordered
-front and rear all season mats
-Auto dimming rear view mirrors

my review on the 2008 model Tribeca:
As mentioned above, the vehicle has superb handling matted with flat 6 cylinder with increase displacement which added more torque and HP... I love the front nose design and the rear and cannot be compared with the older model B9.. Both has their ups and downs.. AWD symmetrical and other electronically assisted drivetrain really makes the car well balance and the whole car just flows with its new exterior design and new heart... Regular gas and more power is the way to go...it has a lot of leg room and space for cargo.. I love all the functionalities of the car like the interior dashboard and layout.. gauges, climate buttons and compartments are aesthetically arranged...

complaints..soft brakes... navigation slow and doesnt have the voice recognition while driving and different view ex 3D view...other than that.. i love the car... im happy with our purchase

·
Registered
124 Posts
UsJdmtuner said:
complaints..soft brakes... navigation slow and doesnt have the voice recognition while driving
My brakes are far from soft, in fact they are almost too touchy. I haven't heard any complaints before about soft brakes.

As for the voice control. You can buy a microphone from kenwood that hooks into the factory NAV system(a kenwood) to enable voice control. I got it for christmas. I haven't hooked it up yet, but will do a write up when I do.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bionicbadger said:
My brakes are far from soft, in fact they are almost too touchy. I haven't heard any complaints before about soft brakes.

As for the voice control. You can buy a microphone from kenwood that hooks into the factory NAV system(a kenwood) to enable voice control. I got it for christmas. I haven't hooked it up yet, but will do a write up when I do.
nice please let us know when you have the write up... i wonder if there is anything we need to know abot our navi..

·
Registered
21 Posts
the brakes will break in.
mine feels different after 1000 miles than new.
About how many miles are you getting per tank? For some reason i'm getting 150-175 miles per tank driving it easy. My sti gets 230 miles per tank and i drive it harder than the tribeca

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
battlecat said:
the brakes will break in.
mine feels different after 1000 miles than new.
About how many miles are you getting per tank? For some reason i'm getting 150-175 miles per tank driving it easy. My sti gets 230 miles per tank and i drive it harder than the tribeca
i have about 850miles on it now and my avg gas MPG is 15.9mpg ... im still breaking it in so my gas mileage is high now.. im going to zero the miles after i fill up the tank and see how much gas and miles...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
another problem ive been getting is the rear passenger side tire.. ive been loosing tire psi and went to the dealer for the first time and they didnt find any leaks so i drove it back home. then the got home and next morning, the tire psi is low again. i went to the dealer for the 2nd time and they found a tiny pin or nail so they patched it.. i went home no problem until the next day, the tire psi is low again and checked it and filled it up with air... went to dealer today and they said they found another hole on the same tire.. WTF??? im just really annoyed going back there several times and having the same problem over and over... its a brand new car and i shouldnt have this simple problem.. i love the tribeca its just the dealer should just replaced the tire and valve... and also the mechanics dont give care because their greasy hands is all over the leather interior and panels... i cant believe this.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
UsJdmtuner said:
another problem ive been getting is the rear passenger side tire.. ive been loosing tire psi and went to the dealer for the first time and they didnt find any leaks so i drove it back home. then the got home and next morning, the tire psi is low again. i went to the dealer for the 2nd time and they found a tiny pin or nail so they patched it.. i went home no problem until the next day, the tire psi is low again and checked it and filled it up with air... went to dealer today and they said they found another hole on the same tire.. WTF??? im just really annoyed going back there several times and having the same problem over and over... its a brand new car and i shouldnt have this simple problem.. i love the tribeca its just the dealer should just replaced the tire and valve... and also the mechanics dont give care because their greasy hands is all over the leather interior and panels... i cant believe this.
I think you just have a crappy dealer. My Subie dealer would never let it go that far.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i finally reached 1200 miles on the car and im loving it..very comfortable ride ... my average gas mileage is 240 miles full tank...im trying to drive the car pass 65 mph to 75 mph now that ive reached 1000k miles..

Things that ive noticed with the car... I was detailing it yesterday with BLITZ wax one coat and i noticed that the trunk hatch edges doesnt line up properly compared to the left and right... its where the tail lights meet the trunk, i notice that the drive side doesnt really lined up but the passenger does line up.. After further inspection, I also noticed the door panels gap from the dashboard is also off from left and right... and lastly is the rear bumper .. these are minor things that annoys my but im paying $580 a month for this car and im planning to keep it and i cant believe the craftmanship on my brand new tribeca has so many flaws..
to make things worse today, i was driving to my aunts house for lunch and reversing to parallel park and i didnt notice that there was a huge cement plant pots close to the egde of the sidewalk and I clipped it from the passenger rear door.. Im so upset but I blame myself for that and its just frustrating because the more that you really take care of the car and be really paranoid, the more chance I get my car into trouble.. I just waxed the car and detailed it for 5 hours and i am really upset... i will post pictures tmrw..

Well the damage was a slight dent and deep scratch.. i mean its really not huge but its noticeable to my eye and if someone look on the panel... The piece or clear plastic covered by the rear door got scraped and I dont know how to go about fixing it...

·
Registered
552 Posts
Congrats on the new car...I just picked up a 07 Tribeca w/ 8440 miles on it myself last weekend:)

Anyway...if you're not happy w/ your Subie dealer I'd suggest Bill Kolb, Jr Subaru in Orangeburg, NY (4 miles behind the Palisades Mall on 303). I'm from North Jersey myself (noticed you went to Liberty Subaru in Bergen County) and BK, Jr Subaru is the one of the largest Subie dealers in the US and they're great people there.

And coincidentally, my 'beca has a slow leak in the RR tire as well...losing about 2 PSI a day:( So I'll be dropping mine off tonight for hopefully an easy patch job.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Since we're talking Jersey, I'd recommend my dealer in Wayne. It may be out of the way for you, but you may want to give them a try.

·
Registered
630 Posts
snork said:
Congrats on the new car...I just picked up a 07 Tribeca w/ 8440 miles on it myself last weekend:)

Anyway...if you're not happy w/ your Subie dealer I'd suggest Bill Kolb, Jr Subaru in Orangeburg, NY (4 miles behind the Palisades Mall on 303). I'm from North Jersey myself (noticed you went to Liberty Subaru in Bergen County) and BK, Jr Subaru is the one of the largest Subie dealers in the US and they're great people there.

And coincidentally, my 'beca has a slow leak in the RR tire as well...losing about 2 PSI a day:( So I'll be dropping mine off tonight for hopefully an easy patch job.

you go to BK Jr?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Tribeca_06 said:
you go to BK Jr?
Yeah, I bought mine @ BK Jr from Stewart there. And my bro in-law bought his 08 Legacy there too. I liked that they had a LARGE selection of slightly used vehichles and their no haggle pricing (which was already well lower than other places listed sale prices, for used Subies at least). The only thing that annoyed me was that they charged me for keyfobs since it was a factory demo and they only had the the one key:mad:

I haven't been there for service though, there's a Valvoline oil change place 2 buildings from my office and I go to a local garage in town for maintenance. I'm thinking about a 2010 Legacy as my next daily driver (probably will buy around x-mas 2010) and I definitely would not hesitate to go back.

·
Registered
630 Posts
cool i got my B9 from Steward too! lol. I like BK Jr but I have had a few issues with the service. I have to go to them some what soon to talk to them about this whole repaint thing... i hope they do something about it and not just brush me away

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.