Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Beca pics when I bought it was pretty plain. SO I decided to add a few things to make it more suitable for my lifestyle. Here it is plain.

Side Pic stock

Rear Pic Stock

Front Shot Pic Stock

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Here is the slightly modified nothing crazy transformation on a budget :p

Wishing I had wheel money but I kind of like the stock look and the grom usb3 and it needing a new engine set me back a few pennies.
Mind you I haven't really polished the vehicle just yet and I am waiting on the hood protection from Lund. I will add pics as I go. I installed all of the accessories minus the Grom usb3 all in one day by myself( roughly 3 hours). Pretty simple additions.
Front Pic:

Side View:

New Bumper cover/ Step:

Ariel view:

Other Pics

If anyone can think of other things to add that would be great.

·
Administrator
640 Posts
Love it...that's my Beca's twin!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Love the white color on Tribeca. It really does shine in white.

One thing I like doing to ours is refresh all the black plastic trim with something like "Back to Black". Faded trim really makes the car look old.

Couldn't help but notice something on both side of the grill, do you have LED DRL mods there?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Love the white color on Tribeca. It really does shine in white.
Thank you. IM not a huge fan of white. I favor more of a black but it is really hard to keep clean and up to my standards. I am a detailer on the side so I will be detailing the sh&T out of this vehicle
One thing I like doing to ours is refresh all the black plastic trim with something like "Back to Black". Faded trim really makes the car look old.

I will definitly use some back to black on the lower trim. I am a huge fan. Although Im sure I will not be happy with the long term with this stuff. I will probably try a heat gun to restore more of the black again. It loks like the car was detailed before and someone used compound on the trim and pretty much ruined it or from what I remember detailing another subaru awhile back (Thinking Forester) the trim just fades prettty bad with age. We shall see how much of the black can be restored before I determine it needs to be replaced(Probably too expensive though)
Couldn't help but notice something on both side of the grill, do you have LED DRL mods there?The car came with what I believe are leds in the Fog lights. I wish they werent modded so it would force me to pick ones I like. The right one keeps going in and out and from what I see someone rigged thr lights together with tape. URGH!! I will get under there one day and fix it properly. Is that what you meant? If not please let me know
Let me know if this answers your questions?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I'm sorry, I finally figured out what you meant by the LED mod. They are aftermarket, and they were put on by the previous owners. They do work however I believe one little light is out in one of the LEDs so I will need to change that. I'll try to get pictures at night to show you what it looks like, if they even work anymore. This suvs lights work when they want too.

·
Administrator
640 Posts
Be careful with bumper/trim touchup paint. I used a can from advance auto on a different vehicle and I am not sure if they changed their brand or formulation. It started cracking. I have done PLENTY of paint work and know how to prepare a car for painting. Read the reviews first. If they are not good, RUN.

·
Administrator
640 Posts
I second that I love the color white on the Tribeca.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Be careful with bumper/trim touchup paint. I used a can from advance auto on a different vehicle and I am not sure if they changed their brand or formulation. It started cracking. I have done PLENTY of paint work and know how to prepare a car for painting. Read the reviews first. If they are not good, RUN.
I bought the Subaru OEM paint for touchups. I will also buy from a paint store or use paint other than cheap spray paint if and when I decide to paint the front hood protection.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Added a mustache. Although I'm not a fan of the stache as is, it should protect the hood from any more chips. I AM DEF GOING TO PAINT THIS IF POSSIBLE TO THE STOCK WHITE.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Added auxbeam leds. These make a huge difference in the driving experience in my opinion from the halogens that were in the car. It barely lit up the Road. I still would like them a bit to shine a bit further out but for now they will do. After wet sanding and polishing the headlights I expect a better performance out of these.
Here they are shining with the fogs on as well.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was able to clean the back area up a bit better from the pigs who owned it before me. Products I used to clean it up. Most was done by non professional products.

And

And
Really bad staining

And
[url=https://postimg.org/image/hwfkndrwr/]

And

And cleaner

And these are the products used. There was still the stain as you can see in the pic but I cleaned that better after using the rug machine. Also a far cry from what it looked like in the previous pic.

Used this brush

Overall I'm happy with the results.

·
Administrator
640 Posts
I bought the Subaru OEM paint for touchups. I will also buy from a paint store or use paint other than cheap spray paint if and when I decide to paint the front hood protection.
I meant the grey areas of the vehicle on the rockers. Loving the writeup!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I meant the grey areas of the vehicle on the rockers. Loving the writeup!!
Gotcha. I will be using a heat gun to try and bring back some of that black to life. It has worked wonders on other cars so I'm hoping the Tribeca is the same. Thx for the no junk paint tip.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok I'm finally finished the transformation. Well I finished 2 months ago but who's counting. I thought about changing the rims but I've decided enough is enough.
Here is the final pics. The black is now black again. It will eventually fade again but should last longer than 6 months. For anyone that is looking for a semi permanent solution for the black trim graying or oxidizing I recommend solution finish. Black wow is good and a bit cheaper but doesn't last as long. Pay the difference in cost for the solution finish, wash your trim with 50/50 water and alcohol solution. Put on gloves and grab the solution and a foam applicator. Wait 2 min and wipe off. Done. Took me roughly 1.5 hours to do one coat on the entire car. Most of that was cleaning it. Only one is needed but two is better. You can do another coat the same day.
Here are some pics

1 - 20 of 22 Posts