Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all y'all tire wizards:) I'm new and in a crunch. We had nail damage to one of our tires and have to replace all (the one with the nail damage was almost bald MUCH worse than the other 3...alignment?) We are going on several trips in the next 2 weeks and need to make a decision today (to get the tires on in the next 2 days)--EEK. Can you guys give me your opinions on these 2 options? We are going to use Discount tire and I have seen on here where you can price on tirerack and often get them to match. Here are the 2 on the table:

Yokohama YK520--255/55/18--installed with full warranty mid 8 for 4.

Michelin Lattitude Tour HP--245/60 18--installed with full warr. mid 9 for 4.

Can we put the different size (michelin) on the car and be ok. I've read mixed reviews on these michelin...but couldn't find any for the b9. Also was considering the Yokohama AVID ENvigor...they were just under the Michelin pricepoint. I was told these Michelin would normally be 1100 installed. Would be nice to know I got a good deal...but I'm wanting to know if they would be good for our B9.

Any ASAP info you can give would be seriously much obliged!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've got the YK520 on my 07. They're decent: grippy, quiet, fine in the rain, just OK in the snow. I recently put on the Avids on my wife's Mazda 3: overall great tire, OK in the snow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ended up having to get the yoko 520

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately the yoko avids were backordered:( I did notice over the previous tires (bridgestone alenza?) They r louder...but that could be because they have new tread?

Thanks!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm in the same boat, but was looking at the Yoko Geolander HTS G052 (they fit!), but there aren't a lot of options of available tires in that size right now. I was looking for General Grabber HTS (none available), Bridgestone Dueler Revo II (none available), or something a bit more aggressive without being an off road all terrrain tire (7 months or so of winter driving). I know I could get a dedicated set of winter tires, but I do some gravel/trail driving in wet weather occasionally.

Was going to try the Yoko Geo HTS Go52, but can't get them either. So, I'm getting a set of Bridgestone Dueler HL Alenzas, 1 each being sent in from 4 different stores. It's pretty ridiculous that I have had this amount of hassle trying to find shoes for this thing. Good Luck to all in this predicament.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just had the Dueler Alenza's

Ended up with the Yoko 520's. Interestingly enough our previous tires were the bridgestone dueler alenza. We put them on in '08 and think we would have gotten another 6 mos out of them. We have 120K miles on our 06 (bought in 05) and travel from NC to MD/PA 2-3 times a year (370 mi). I found that the yoko's were louder.

Good luck finding something!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Got the Alenzas put on today, and it is quieter than before with the nittos. Tracks nice, and seems to steer easier (I don't know how else to put it). Hope they handle some snow! We'll see, I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts