Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

I have had my '06 for about a year and half now and just stumbled on this site a couple days ago. I see lots of helpful hints, but there's one thing about my B9 that bothers me and I haven't seen anyone post about it (unless I've missed it). After i turn the car off (at night) and open the door the map lights turn off after a few seconds. There's been several times when I'm trying to look at something and the light goes out causing me to turn the light on, then walk away forgetting to turn it off (good thing for the battery saver feature). I read in the owner's manual that you can contact the dealer to have it stay on permanently while a door is open, but i thought maybe someone knew off hand how to do this. I'm thinking maybe it's a code as that's how I disabled the seat belt chime. And just for point of reference, I ALWAYS wear my seltbelt, I just don't like being chimed at while sitting in park. But it would be awesome if anyone knew how to fix this small problem. Other than that, the car is great. had a few minor problems with the initial purchase, but the car runs great and handling is amazing. I'm hoping for snow, but none so far this year. South Jersey hasn't been great for snow in the last few years.

'06 OBP LTD 5 Seater
Puddle Lights
Auto Dimming Mirror
Crossbars (not being used)
Rear Bumper Cover
Front Brush Guard
Wind Deflectors
Star Tire Valve Covers
SPT Battery Tie Down
K&N Air Filter

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can set the time the lights stay on under an option in the nav system menus. Not sure what its like non non-nav system displays. Also not sure if you can set it to always on when door opens, but I do know there are a few choices there, I have mine set to 30 seconds.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yeah, I think if you have navi, you can adjust some of the interior light settings, otherwise I believe you have to have the dealer adjust them. I read through the whole manual when I got the car, so I'm pretty sure it can be adjusted (RTFM;) :tup: ).

And another NY/NJ member...have you by chance at one time or another owned a Honda Civic too? So far it's been an odd coincidence that we've all had/have Civics, LOL.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone, but I don't have Nav. and the manual says nothing more than contact your dealer. I guess I'll have to give them a call, maybe they can tell me how to do it over the phone. I'll post in the NJ/NY thread, but sorry to say no Civic here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts