Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Due to the high cost of fuel i install a LPG kit in my B9. Everything run smoth and economic now. I did 100.000 kms on this kit not any problem yet.Very happy!! BRC kit with 85lt tank.Gives me with15% less gas (about71Lt)an 450km drive on higway,about 380km in the city driving.Flashlube kit electronicaly controled added for extra lubrification on the valve seats.

·
Registered
170 Posts
HI
I see you have BRC P&D system. Can you tell me which BRC injectors you have? Orange or Yellow?
Can you post picture from under dummy engine cover?
What is your LPG consumption?
I got mine '08 Tribeca 3,6 also converted to LPG two month ago, I made so far 6k km with any problem so far. I have BRC P&D Plus, orange injectors, mechanical lubrification, 62l LPG tank.
I can make 14-16l/100km on highways and 16-19l in city

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yannischris; thank you for pictures, looks pretty neat.
Last question about lubrication, you have one central spray nozzle in intake or 6 nozzles for each cylinder?
And how many km you can make on 1 liter of lubrication fluid?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
add

Yannischris; thank you for pictures, looks pretty neat.
Last question about lubrication, you have one central spray nozzle in intake or 6 nozzles for each cylinder?
And how many km you can make on 1 liter of lubrication fluid?
One, in the center of the plenum chamber.I had to put 6, in every cylinder but... I dont now how many km per liter sorry, but many ... !! You now that my second house is in Kolobrzeg ... !!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thank you, that's what I meant to ask. So it still has 6 injectors like when running on gasoline.
On his pictures you can see 2 set of 3 injectors installed on top of the intake manifold, from each injector runs tiny rubber tube to nozzle, nozzles are installed next to gasoline injectors.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Guys, I found some decoding of H6 engine code installed in Tribeca.
What do you understand by this high lined option? Does it means that engine with 5th character F in this code is some how prepared for LPG conversion?
I got EZ36FLC3LB

·
Registered
184 Posts
Beware of valve seat recession - this engine seems to be very susceptible. I have BRC system and had to rebuild cylinder heads after 50 k miles due to severe VSR.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Beware of valve seat recession - this engine seems to be very susceptible. I have BRC system and had to rebuild cylinder heads after 50 k miles due to severe VSR.
Till now everything Ok . I visited Subaru Service in Athens and they checked the car. Has a litlle difference between cylinders (air) and they explained to me and even show to me the Subaru instructions for this engines EZ30. " Chek the valve's clearance in 110.000 km " . After a visit in BRC service they adjust the BRC system, to spray fuel after 2600 revs.Dont remeber 10% or 15% .They also advise me in the long jurney's that i make to turn in fuel for 10 minutes time every four hours of driving.So the valves will not overheat !!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I found this article ! "New seats may also be required if a cylinder head has been straightened or welded, if there’s any evidence of corrosion around the outside diameter of a valve seat, or if the engine is being converted to run on a dry fuel such as propane (LPG) or natural gas." "Some experts say when late model aluminum heads are reconditioned the valve seats should always be replaced to maintain correct valvetrain geometry. This applies to overhead cam engines as well as pushrod engines. It’s expensive but is usually necessary to restore proper installed valve height and valvetrain geometry. " "When seats get too hot, microwelding occurs between the valves and seats. The valves are harder than the seats so microscopic particles of metal from the seats stick to the valves," says Emert. "When the engine cools, these particles are then washed into the exhaust. This causes rapid recession of the seats and is most common in dry fuel (LPG or natural gas) engines."

·
Registered
184 Posts
That's interesting that your set up injects petrol (gasoline) after 2500 revs- I have heard that that is an effective means of preventing VSR. The benefits of 'Flash lube' are unclear. Some believe that it makes no difference but most do recommend for at-risk engines. Best of luck - if you do get VSR, then the first sign will be misfire codes (P030*). I guess that this is because compression is lost from leaking exhaust valves.

·
Registered
170 Posts
DJB: what year and engine you have? Is your engine's code 5th character D or F?
My LPG system is not setup for adding any gasoline at any RPMs. I've checked valve clearance prior LPG conversion at 213kkm and most of exhaust valves had nominal clearance (0.35mm) and 3 valve were at minimal tolerance (0.30mm). This engine never got any valve adjustment job done before, so it looked pretty good. I will make 40-50kkm and if any other bad symptoms will occur before that I will measure valve clearance again, than I will know what damage to the valves makes LPG.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts