Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Any kind of lowering kit will most likely have to be custom made or just a lowering spring and dealing with the consequences of reduced strut/shock life.

·
Registered
837 Posts
And you won't find it for the Tribeca, you will have to find some springs from another model that will work, possibly from a legacy or outback of the similar year. That is where I would start.

As for shocks and struts that will handle a drop, there has been some talk of Koni adjustable strut inserts working, but they don't make a set for the Tribeca specifically so you would have to take a chance on ordering something made for another model and hoping it works or make it work. Logic says the ones for a legacy will fit our housings, but you would need some way to confirm.

The last issue to deal with using legacy/outback struts/shocks mean the suspension will have more droop than the tribeca suspension and possibly a litte less travel on compression, so you will probably lose a good chunk of articulation. Just something to keep in mind

Good luck, and let us know if you decide to go for it we are here to help if we can.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Previously someone posted the parts that he used to achieve his drop (not the one pictured) that was mild, maybe 3/4 of an inch?

Parts were sourced from an 09 Legacy Spec-B
Front Springs L&R 20330ag14a
Front Spring Seats L&R 20323ag00b
Rear Springs L&R 20380 ag12a

I've been eyeing this for a while, but I wonder, as pointed out, with less spring rate and less travel, how would this handle on a 4,155 lbs vehicle vs a 3,543 lbs one. That's over a 600 lb difference.

I don't know if the guy that did it ever reported back how it handled the weight. So do so at your own risk with this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts