Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I currently have a 2002 Subaru Outback VDC with 149,000 miles. Do most maintenance on it. When I don't I bring to Flemington Subaru, NJ. I will probably keep this car.

Reason I joined this forum though, is that I'm hoping to purchase: 2012 Tribeca Premium, 28,700 miles. 1 owner, great car fax, purchased and traded in to same dealership. I'm in Staten Island, NY. Vehicle is in Ohio. Is a certified used car too. For what that means. Photos of vehicle look great. Sales mgr sending me view of tires (original), and better ones of interior (cloth). Asking price is $21,610, not too bad given the low mileage and condition. I'm certainly gonna try later to off them $19,000, and see how they react. I spoke to 3 diff guys there who have driven it, and they all said it runs new. Of course I'm not sure, if they are as picky as me though. Anyway, thought possibly some of you might have some comments bout year 2012, price, etc. Thanks

·
Registered
296 Posts
I think that, generally, it is the right time to buy a used Tribeca. We got the 2008, a 7 pax limited with nav and dvd with a lot of miles on it but much cheaper than an equivalent 2008 H6 Outback. Also, I have periodically checked the market for years and Ohio always seems to have the best deals!

The asking price seems like a good starting point.

It would be quite the car even at that price. Generally, I would compare to same year and miles H6 Outbacks to see if I am getting a good deal. The Tribeca should nowadays be cheaper even if it started as a higher-end vehicle.

Since I have had both style Tribecas and the IV generation 6 cyl OB, I can confidently say that the Tribeca wins, 7 pax aside, in terms of the overall value of a used vehicle, interior style, and cargo room while losing by a little in on-road performance and mpg and by a lot in off-road capability and comfort (angles, clearance, ride over rough terrain, and, chiefly, potential for mods).

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got my 2009 heated leather interior, nav system, rear DVD system, 100000km for $17500 tax included. Not many used ones around while I was looking, only 103 across all of Canada with most being advertised in Ontario and Quebec. Next comparable I found was a 2010 with 97000km, equivalent package but harmon kardon sound and it was $22900+tax. This is in Canadian dollars, so I think I chose the right one of the two, and roughly at the same price point you're looking at, everything considered

·
Registered
60 Posts
I picked up my 2010 Canadian Touring model - with NAV and DVD, etc with 65,000 km for $27,000 (out the door) in May 2013. I now have close to 86,000 km and loved the car. Having said that, not sure if it's the Pirelli Scorpion snow tires or not, it just doesn't feel as secure and confident in snow and ice as my 2002 Impreza Outback Sport with Nokian all-weather WR tires.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sounds like a good car for the money. It would be great if you could get it for under $20K. These cars typically don't jump off the lot, so the Dealer might be motivated to work with you. You're looking at ~mid 30's for a new 3.6 Outback model, depending on the equipment

Being "Certified", it comes with a 7-yr/100K warranty from the time it was originally put into service.

Good luck and pls let us know how you make out with it!

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Having said that, not sure if it's the Pirelli Scorpion snow tires or not, it just doesn't feel as secure and confident in snow and ice as my 2002 Impreza Outback Sport with Nokian all-weather WR tires.
It's probably the tires (Nokian makes fantastic tires) along with the tire size. 255 is pretty wide. I went 225-60-18 with our Tribeca on Michelin X-ice and it's fantastic in the snow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts