Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a few questions....

what should I be looking for as far as issues? Model is a B9 2007, and has about 35k miles and is a 5 passenger model. I have been going through the site but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Also do all B9's have the VTD AWD system or is it the same system used in the impreza? And was it an option or standard to have rear limited slip differential?

Thanks in advance...

John

·
Registered
22 Posts
Things to check

On the test drive, listen for a "clunking" noise at slow speeds going over speed bumps. This could be worn suspension bushings needing to be replaced. Alot of members have had the transmission "reflashed" to cure the symptom of the transmission hunting on long uphill grades. I.E. car downshifts, revs then upshifts, then lugs down followed by another downshift etc. Other than that, looking for service records showing the routine maintenance having been done. As for the AWD system, yes they are all the VTD with VDC. The car doesn't have a limited slip diff, because it has the traction control system built into the VDC. This system is Subarus most advanced AWD system that splits torque 45% to the front wheels and 55% to the back wheels for a performance driving feel. Subaru uses Active AWD in the 4sp Auto trans cars which is more or less 90% to the fronts and 10% to the rear where the 5 sp manuals are a 50% /50% front to rear bias. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts