Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm eyeing up a new 08 Tribeca but I have to say the color choices and leather combinations aren't all exactly doing it for me. Personally, I like darker interiors as they hold up in the muck of winter in these parts better - but my top choices for exterior color all come with the beige leather.

I know beige leather comes with darker flooring which is perfect. Hides boot grime quite nicely. My question to owners out there - how's your beige leather holding up? Lots of cleaning required? Still looking good after a year or two?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I agree with you. I prefer darker interiors for the same reasons. Our 07 has the dark grey leather interior. Although some color combinations with beige do look good.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey cowtowner!

I would have gotten the bronze if not for the light interior. We test drove one with the light interior and the in inside was getting dirty already even though the dealer had it less than a week and there was still some vinyl on the outside for protection from truck shipping.

The grey interior comes with dark flooring too. I'm thinking the grey will hide the scuffs/dirt better than the beige.

I find the worst offender is the center armrest thingy behind the front cupholders, this thing seems to attract dirt like crazy. We've taken to covering it with a small cloth.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Seeing you guys are from canada. If you imported your tribeca, did you have an hassel with a "Green levy" at the border.
Heard a rumor certain SUVs are required to pay a green levy based on gas mileage rating.
Did you have an issue at the border?

·
Registered
124 Posts
No, you can check the government site. The blended (highway/city) fuel economy on the tribeca is good enough to avoid the gas guzzler fee.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bionicbadger said:
I find the worst offender is the center armrest thingy behind the front cupholders, this thing seems to attract dirt like crazy. We've taken to covering it with a small cloth.
Definately, the grimy beige armrest in the showroom Tribeca at Centaur here is what spurred me to ask this question.

The contrast from the beige looks so damn good though.... I'd love a white B9. I'm a bit worried the Newport Blue will be out of style as I keep my cars 10 years. Guess one of the greys (probably quartz silver) is where i'm headed. Not buying till Feb/March so I hope our dollar at least maintains parity till then....

·
Registered
6 Posts
orion747 said:
The contrast from the beige looks so damn good though.... I'd love a white B9.
we have an '08 white w/beige, I love the color combo.

Problem is not the leather, but the non-leather surfaces (armrest and seat bolsters) are kind of a grippy material that seem to want to collect everything. Even just wearing dark colored clothing (like jeans) seems to transfer a little bit. It comes off well enough, but does require some vigilance to keep clean. The grey might hide it a little better, but I think you would still see this due to the nature of the vinyl or whatever they used.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I like the colour combo of the black exterior and tan interior but I have to admit that it does get dirty easily. I imagine the darker interior would show less in the long run....hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts