Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'11 'beca w/54K (mods always in progress)
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there 'beca folks. I've done quite a bit to my 'beca in the 2 years I've had her. One of the things I did was add a 2" lift. Now I'm looking for wheel suggestions. My Subie mechanic said 17" are the smallest the 'beca can handle. So I plan on getting 17s and the biggest tire I can fit. Of course, the Wildpeaks are the top tire choice. I'd like to get a slight offset to push the tires slightly out. Is that a good or bad idea? I'm not thinking anything crazy but then again, what is crazy? Could I get away with say 15mm?

I really don't know a ton about wheels as I've never replaced them but I'd like a bit more of a rugged look and like the tires out a bit.

Any ideas, help, or "you're one stupid schmuck for thinking this" is also a viable response.

Thanks!

·
V6er Version 2
Facelift (EZ36D, 5EAT TG5D), MY2008, 7seat Limited (no DVD, no NAVI)
474 Posts
"you're one stupid schmuck for thinking this " (since you asked :D

as for inspiration - check out this guy - RJDTribeca (@rjdtribeca) • Instagram photos and videos

I would suggest to play with some graphics editor (photoshop, gimp, or whatever you know) first.

from technology perspective - yes, idiotic, idea >> bigger load on suspension/wheel bearing. but you surely can do that and will be fine for the most part.

·
Registered
2009 Tribeca
101 Posts
Anytime you add wheel spacers you're adding more force on the back of the spindle instead of load bearing right over top of the wheel. My suggestion would be to get your oversized tires and see how much they balloon out on the rim, it may give you the appearance of the extra width you're looking for without needing spacers. Your other option is to get rims with a bigger offset, kind of think of it as a rim with the spacer already built in, or just get a wider rim so that the rim is actually sticking out more from where it meets with the lugs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts