Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I cannot find the rear strut top “access panels” in my 2008 3.6 two row seating Tribeca. I want to bump up the height with modest 20mm Tema4x4 spacers. Is there hope for me to avoid removing the interior side panels? If there is a way, please offer a clear description. Thank you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Remove third row seats. There are plastic panels where thee wheel wells are, interior side. Remove panel and rear strut top/cap nuts are exposed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Remove third row seats. There are plastic panels where thee wheel wells are, interior side. Remove panel and rear strut top/cap nuts are exposed.
Thank you. I do not have third row seats and see no access. I honestly appreciate your desire to help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Remove rear floor panels. Then remove both trays that hold your jack and the one for storage. Then the panel by the tire well I mentioned earlier will magically glow as it appears.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you SoHo. That was clear and helpful. I will check my Tribeca when it returns home from having the park sensor replaced. Should I expect a 20mm strut mount spacer to give me a 20mm lift. I have not inspected the geometry. Will the camber be off?

·
Registered
12 Posts

About 2" added to ground clearance
Hey SoHo,

Can you please share what tire size you are running?

I suspect you are rubbing at full lock in the front? I know when I measured to go with taller than stock tires, there was about .5" clearance in the front of the wheel well before it would contact the fender liner/belly pan just before full lock. I've considered just massaging this a bit, or revising it so I can fit taller tires. I drive a lot on gravel so would like to keep the majority of the fender liners in tact.

Thanks - Jon

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thread Resurrection!!! I am not looking to lift my Tribeca really, but I am looking to compensate for cargo/passenger and hitch weight while towing. Family of 5 with gear in the car while towing a 2600 pounds travel trailer. Currently, when I have ~150lbs on the hitch and gear in the car, it sags quite a bit. So I am looking to add 30mm rear spacers. My question is this, If I do so, and will be sagging, will I need a camber adjustment? If I adjust the camber with the spacers when the vehicle is unladen, I would still experience the same amount of negative camber when loaded right? So allowing a positive camber with the spacers unladen, should reduce negative camber when laden right? In my mind, not adjusting the camber would be the best option while ensuring that the toe and caster are adjusted. Any input would be appreciated.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts