1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
547 Posts
i went with 1/2" in front and 1" spacers in the back, i made mine myself out of HDPE plastic, they arent pretty but for 25 bucks for all four is a great deal imo

·
Registered
701 Posts
i went with 1/2" in front and 1" spacers in the back, i made mine myself out of HDPE plastic, they arent pretty but for 25 bucks for all four is a great deal imo
Did you just buy a sheet of 1/2" and 1" thick HDPE and cut/drill the pattern?

Will any solid HDPE work or does it have to meet certain specs?

·
Registered
547 Posts
i had a piece of 1" already from when i made rear spacers for my outback, and front I bought.
Got it of ebay just plain HDPE nothing really specific about it.

Traced the outlines on the sheet and cut it with sawzall pretty crudely. HDPE cuts easily with the right saw blade.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i had a piece of 1" already from when i made rear spacers for my outback, and front I bought.
Got it of ebay just plain HDPE nothing really specific about it.

Traced the outlines on the sheet and cut it with sawzall pretty crudely. HDPE cuts easily with the right saw blade.
Any pictures of the lift?

I've been looking for spacers to lift my b9

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up buying 30mm lift spacers from Siberia, lol

They just arrived and now I am looking forward to installing. Any tips at getting to tops of the rear towers? It looks like and would be an engineering thumbs up, that the mounts are directly under the cupholders... so I was thinking sweet, pop out the cupholders and I'll be good. Buttt, that said it appears the cupholders are mounted underneath the rear covers... wtf? Definitely a miss Subaru. smh.

I have the 7 seater btw, 2014. thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any tips on getting to the rear struts? My spacers came and I am ready for install. Figured theyd be under the cup holders (7 seat 2014 'Beca), and that would have been a fantastic engineering idea... but upon inspection it appears that the rear cupholders are mounted from underneath in the rear covers. C'mon Subaru!!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm gonna say you need to remove the whole back inside, I have a 2007 so not super sure.

30mm spacer for front and rear? I believe that's less then 1inch did you get them from eBay? Any pictures?

I definitely want a little bigger lift.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Our 2007 had small access panels at each strut top in the 3rd row. I would have thought the newer ones would be similar. However you would still need to install the spacers from under the car.

·
Registered
547 Posts
on 08+ there are two little doors in the back to access top bolts on the struts, they are snap in place type of deal,
no need to remove anything else

Which spacers did you get? Since having it done i don't think rear from outback will work.
Tribeca has oval rear top seat and its conical, not like previous generation outbacks.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Loving this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
1 - 20 of 28 Posts