Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning, I am new to this forum, as I recently purchased a '07 Tribeca.
Im sure I will have several more questions, but for today:

Has anyone tried to replace your headlight bulbs with these new LED headlight replacement kits yet?

LED advancement has quickly accelerated in the past year alone and now one can find numerous conversion kits available online to swap out the old halogen bulbs with LEDs.

Im just curious if anyone has tried this yet and what sort of results you've had, as well as any issues you may have encountered.

Thanks for the feedback

Jason

·
Registered
547 Posts
Welcome to the forum, there are few members here who have done it, I did it and I would not recommend it.
LEDs produce a lot of light but in my case the reach of them was not sufficient, there was a clear dead zone that was cut off my closer than i'd like. In city driving this was great as you can see all the potholes but in rural areas it was a nightmare when you don't know which way the road twists ahead of you. Another minus is most of these bulbs would require to remove or modify the back cover, I removed mine when I was using them, this lead to not a whole lot but a noticable amount of dust inside the headlight.

My suggestion would be to get really good halogen bulbs like sylvania or phillips, hella etc. especially those that produce white light. And make sure your lenses are not oxidized.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts