Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
this is an older thread - are there any updates on which bulbs are best? There must be new ones out there by now lol
I replaced my low beams with some $30 LEDs from ebay a few months ago (yes, kinda pita to change but got them in eventually without taking apart anything other than taking the battery out), direct fit, didnt do any ballasts - could that be a reason why they are not as bright as I thought they would be? Seriously, I think the original halogens were brighter! I can´t see farther than 30ft on a dark country road LOL
Are there big differences between different brands/no names? it´s a jungle outthere :-D
cheers!

edited to add: has anyone tried the Philips Racing Vision GT200 (halogen)?

·
Administrator
765 Posts
this is an older thread - are there any updates on which bulbs are best? There must be new ones out there by now lol
I replaced my low beams with some $30 LEDs from ebay a few months ago (yes, kinda pita to change but got them in eventually without taking apart anything other than taking the battery out), direct fit, didnt do any ballasts - could that be a reason why they are not as bright as I thought they would be? Seriously, I think the original halogens were brighter! I can´t see farther than 30ft on a dark country road LOL
Are there big differences between different brands/no names? it´s a jungle outthere :-D
cheers!
For the buck Katana bulbs from Amazon. There is a sharp cutoff so aim accordingly. Check out bulbfacts.com for reviews. I did try the Katanas in my reflector housed Jetta TDI and they were awful so YMMV.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone - wondering if anyone has installed LED H7 headlight bulbs. I have an 06 B9. I searched the forum but haven't seen anyone post anything about LED headlights.

Is it even possible in the MY06's with the clips and caps? Maybe that's why it's not posted here anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm as tired as everyone else in changing these halogens.
Yes I did this upgrade and bought the plug extension to go with them so your not standing on your head for ever trying to plug your bulb back in.

·
Administrator
765 Posts
I just did the Hikari Acme bulbs and tossed the Katanas into my Jetta MK4 projectors.

Really nice view of the road!

61 - 64 of 64 Posts