Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fella's, driving an 06 with 19k on it and its new to me...Love the truck!!! However I do hear a knocking noise while backing out of my driveway and going over speedbumps at a normal slow speed. I think i have got it figured out that its driverside. Was there a recal or anything? I think I remember reading something about bushings going bad, correct me if im wrong. I do plan on talking to the dealer about it on tuesday but wanted some ammo before going in...

Thanks
Rob​

·
Registered
151 Posts
i had the same problem with my 06' I believe it was the sway arm bushings. They were replaced and the noise was gone... Only happens going over bumps, sounds like a clunk. There is another thread in this forum that address it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, i think i read it already....just cant remember. Guess i will have the dealer take care of this issue to when they program my key fobs. Did it take them long to do it? did you wait?

·
Registered
151 Posts
When we test drove it we noticed the knock, so they fixed it before we took possession... I would think it would only take a mechanic a couple hours to replace them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had the same problem and the dealer took care of it under warranty. However, it took about 2 weeks to get the parts - they had to come in from overseas.

I was able to drive around witrhout issue. At least that is what the service dept said.

The new bushings completely solved the problem.

·
Registered
71 Posts
2 pts of interest regarding this... had the same problem with Tribeca. They replaced a "cracked dog bone" (I have no idea what that is), and lastly they replaced some washers in the struts.... somehow they got warped... now she doesn't squeak any more... the only problem i have right now is that she still uses fuel :p

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just had the same problem folks..

Talked to the dealership..... it's common on the 06-07 Tribecas.

It's the front swaybar bushings..... spoke with the techs..... it happens all the time.

I was headed out of town... so I just paid them to do it... it was $118 total including parts and labor.

Problem solved.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm surprised we haven't had this problem as there are speed bumps along our road. I'm not sure if the UK get stiffer bushes. Other SUVs like the Murano come with a different set-up for the European market but I suspect that has more to do with springing and damping rates.
Anyway 20k miles now with no problems........ famous last words eh!:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts