Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Forum banner

Key Remote cannot open door, nor can be programmed with the 8 digit code

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Flat6er 
#1 ·
My 09 Tribeca Key remote lost battery and no longer can remote open the door. I disabled alarm to prevent the manual open alarm.

Then I installed new battery (measured and know it has 3V voltage) for the key remote. But it still cannot remote open the door.

I tried the 2nd remote key (knowing its battery has power), still no go.

I tried to PROGRAM the key remote, by inputting the 8 digits printed on the remote, but cannot even enter the PROGRAM mode - I did follow the manual 2-11 operation steps.

I don't think the two transmitters stop working at the same time, nor believe the receiver module on the car stops working (disable alarm shouldn't affect this). So it quite puzzled me.

Dealer would charge $280 for programing a key, but I don't want to be sucked this way.

Any idea? Thanks!

#3 ·
Any part number or manual link for this motor? Cannot find it's mentioned anywhere.
BTW I didn't hear any response "Beep" when press the (un)lock button on the key remote.

So likely the receiver doesn't get it at all, or no instruction be passed to the motor yet, no matter it's good or not?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.