Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fitted one of these to a Tribeca?
I'm not sure if it is/was available in the States but it was an option over here at about £525 fitted.
The unit is available really cheaply in the UK now as the Tribeca Sat-Nav system is pretty much obsolete. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of fitting one or failing that some experience of removing the head unit. I'm not sure how long the leads are or whether Subaru fitted it in the dash or under the seat with the Sat-Nav unit.
Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I looked under the driver's seat at the NAV system there, and in the US it is missing the necessary plug to plug in the TMC tuner.

So, from what I can see, it will not work.

Reed

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well....... I bought the unit for next to nothing a couple of years ago and it has sat on a shelf since then!
I finally had a look and my NAV unit does have the required connection so I'll have a go at fitting it next week. I do need to make a connection to the aerial lead behind the head unit though. I seem to remember finding a guide to pulling the head unit somewhere but can't find it now. Does anyone have any tips or a link to a guide?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fantastic. Thank you very much. I realised that I only needed to remove the side panel but was not sure which was the aerial lead.
Since I bought the unit (this is for my wife's car) I have had a BMW and a Lexus that have had TMC info. It is not great in the UK but worked very well in France.
I don't speak Spanish but the pictures say it all.
Thanks again
Simon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts