Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from greece!
I order and placement in b9 k&n air filter ...
will be a difference in the performance of my car?
you see a difference Those who have inserted k&n or other performance filter in your car?​

·
Registered
552 Posts
There will not be any noticeable performance difference. I have a K&N filter in my Honda Accord. The main benefit to K&N filters is that they are washable and should last for the life of the car.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
snork said:
There will not be any noticeable performance difference. I have a K&N filter in my Honda Accord. The main benefit to K&N filters is that they are washable and should last for the life of the car.
Thanks my friend....I think I made my car became easier to work engineer:)

·
Registered
180 Posts
I installed a perrin filter in our tribeca. Not a huge difference, but the throttle response feels better, peppier. That and being washable makes it worth the purchase.

·
Registered
345 Posts
There are two types of K&N air filter options. The standard air filter, which as Snork said, is washable and reusable. It will not however, increase HP or improve your gas milage. For those types of improvements you need the K&N Air Intake System. Those cost upwards of $300 and they will increase HP 10+. Unfortunately, they don't make one for the Tribeca.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I check it and I can't find nothing for tribeca...
It is not realy necessary more hp for tribeca
Yesterday I try the power of my beca against one JEEP CHEROKIE 3.7 and I easy beat him and from stop in red light and rolling from 2nd and 3nd gear........I smoke him

·
Registered
160 Posts
Brien said:
There are two types of K&N air filter options. The standard air filter, which as Snork said, is washable and reusable. It will not however, increase HP or improve your gas milage. For those types of improvements you need the K&N Air Intake System. Those cost upwards of $300 and they will increase HP 10+. Unfortunately, they don't make one for the Tribeca.
Legacy GT one is direct fit for both regular panel K&N which is the same exact part # and Air Intake Kit (cone filter) which bolts on but not specified for B9 AFAIK.

I have K&N panel filters on both LGT and SB9T. No noticeable HP gain but better response on both; slightly better on LGT.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Another thing to try is

GREEKBOY said:
Hello from greece!
I order and placement in b9 k&n air filter ...
will be a difference in the performance of my car?
you see a difference Those who have inserted k&n or other performance filter in your car?​
A filter and pluggin up the resonator that hangs from the bottom of the air box.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What I have seen on the K&N website is the graph that shows the HP gain with and without the filter. The biggest issue that I saw is that all the gain that you get is at the high RPMs. This would mean that if you have a lead foot or consistently late, this may be for you. I'm lucky if I break 4,000 rpm to get around some lousy driver; there are a few of them in Florida.
I have had them in previous cars and there is a little better throttle response and maybe a little better sound but no noticable difference.

Just my 2 cents,

Rob

·
Registered
53 Posts
Filters are a compromise between efficiency and air flow. The disadvantage of cotton-gauze filters is that they achieve air flow at the expense of efficiency. There are literally tons of airborne contaminants in a cubic mile of air. Since much engine wear is caused by dirt that is injested through the intake, I typically recommend a filter that is more efficient than the oiled gauze type.

In addition to being expensive to buy, K&N recommends the "recharger kit" to service the filter. These kits further add to the cost and excessive oil applied to the filter when servicing can lead to problems with the MAF sensor.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I installed a Green Air filter today. Too early to tell if there will be any difference.

However, I think the stock air filter is pretty impressive. Very free-flowing it seems and similar dimensions to the Green filter.

In my Civic, the stick filter was extremely constricting and twice as thick as the K&N. Adding a K&N noticeably improved throttle response.

In the Tribeca, not sure the Green will have a similar effect.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Agree with Talkinghorse here. Oiled filters are the biggest contributor to MAF failures on Imprezas. I use them on my bikes (old Buells) but wouldn't bother with the car.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have K&N panel filter in my 07. I had an HKS air funnel(off my 08 STI) just laying around in my garage and installed it on the Tribeca. It fits!

·
Registered
28 Posts
STIGR-Wagon-Dad said:
I have K&N panel filter in my 07. I had an HKS air funnel(off my 08 STI) just laying around in my garage and installed it on the Tribeca. It fits!
Please let us know what difference you note - performance, gas mileage etc

Thanks!

nigel

1 - 16 of 16 Posts