Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20161014_131232.jpg
Hello all. Decided to make a thread to show recent upgrades I did on my 2008 Tribeca. Ive needed to due my brakes for months so this was a good opportunity to get it all handled.

20161111_115416.jpg
Purchased some 2015 Sti base wheels off craigslist in good condition, just a little rash. Had em re painted for cheap at a local shop.

20161213_001947.jpg
Bought a pair of 2013 Sti brembo calipers off ebay. Went with brembo rotors and pads for front and turned rear brakes rotors and added bosch pads.

5034600661.jpg
Had em all put on at my independent Subie shop in town. In love again. Car looks 100% better and braking is significantly better. Money well spent!

20161215_123536.jpg

·
Registered
46 Posts
I plan on upgrading my calipers also to some sti ones on the front, I know its a straight bolt on just need pads and rotor and caliper correct?

I live down the street from you also lol

car looks sick man... keep it up

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I plan on upgrading my calipers also to some sti ones on the front, I know its a straight bolt on just need pads and rotor and caliper correct?

I live down the street from you also lol

car looks sick man... keep it up
Thankyou! Everything straight bolt on, just need sti front rotors and pads. No ****? Ive never seen another tribeca in the neighborhood, thats awesome!

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
That looks sharp!

I've always wanted the 08 STi 5 spoke wheels for our Tribeca, but this makes me rethink it. Any idea what the weight is on those '15 wheels? I know the 5 spokes I mentioned are something like 28lbs, which is a little lighter than the factory wheels, but not as much as I'd like.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hello All..
Just added a "OEM Denso HID Kit" from the retrofit source. Very impressed with quality and ease of installation. Came with denso ballasts, canbus wiring harness and bulbs with waterproofing shipped for 350. Everything was plug n play with oem wiring. Didnt wanna deal with horror stories of cheap kits so decided to go with a trusted name and so far so good.

Had to cut a small hole in rear housing cover to fit new harness feed grommet.
20170119_145844.jpg

Mounted denso ballast and canbus harness in spaces between fender and airbox, fender and battery area.
20170119_145837.jpg

Inside View.. sorry turned funny
20170119_185914.jpg

Outside view with Hella Hyper yellow fogs.
20170119_185935.jpg

Huge vision difference! Will update after more time in use.
Cheers!

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
I would love to see what the cutoff looks like from at least 30 feet away (against something like a wall or a garage door).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I would love to see what the cutoff looks like from at least 30 feet away (against something like a wall or a garage door).
3rd pic was against a garage from abt 20 ft.. will get a further distance 1 though. Havent been flashed once. Cut-off produced by the the projectors is solid!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts