Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,If I don,t use the site for some minutes ,it Throws me out and then I have to logg in again.It is very tiring!

·
Registered
214 Posts
This happens to me as well. I'd say 3 - 7 minutes. Firefox 2.something. Also happened in Explorer...hmm, next to last version. I switched to FF cause of the issues from that.

Also, this thread specifically, and some other threads cannot be viewed unless logged on. Most others are able to be viewed as visitor.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Kevin said:
If its still happening before 15 minutes are up (that is the cookie time), please let me know.
Is there a reason why some threads, this thread included, can only be viewed unless logged on? I'm assuming for this is possibly cause the forum is for site bugs, but I remember a thread in the other forum that has the same issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Login time too short.

Same thing has been happening to me. After spending a little time composing a thread...or just taking a break to get a cup of coffee...I come back and Ive been booted out. I'm a 'new' 07 B9 owner and have found this site extremely helpful...but this feature is discouraging. I'm aware of the issue relative to cookies etc., but I still find it odd that this happens.:confused:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Same question Four years later.

I am a long time member now. While typing a rather lengthy explanation to another subscribers question, I try to Post only to find I have timed out.

I tried refreshing to make sure all my thought and attention to detail are not lost but alas it is gone.

I need a suggestion on what to do if I realize I have been typing for a while to assure I am not booted off. This is very frustrating.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
What are your cookie settings like? What browser are you using?

Have you always had this issue?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I need a suggestion on what to do if I realize I have been typing for a while to assure I am not booted off. This is very frustrating.
What I do in those cases, is to log in the forum in another window, just before sending the post. Alternatively you can select all the text and copy it (Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C on my PCs), so if you loose the post, you still have the text in the clipboard.
Anyway I always check the "remeber me" when I log in. Moreover I always use firefox in hidden-mode, so it remembers me only until I close the window :naughty:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts