Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Thank everyone in advance for your help. I posted an issue here a few years ago. Everyone was so helpful. I was actually able to fix the issue. I have another one that is stumping me. I have a coolant leak, near the firewall. The coolant leaks onto my exhaust system. I can't see where it is coming from. It only does it after I have driven some miles. And as the title says, it is intermittent. Yesterday, I drove about 25 miles, mostly freeway. I arrived at my destination and it was leaking all over the ground. I drove back home, using the some same freeway. Drove pretty much the same speed. Arrived home, and no leak. Drove to work this morning, 2.3 miles. No leak. Drove home, it's leaking. It won't leak when I have it in the garage at an idle. Nor, will it leak when the engine isn't running. My overflow tank is now half way between full and low. Anybody have any ideas? Better yet, has anybody else experience the same phenomenon? I would be very grateful for any help, advice and ideas.

Thanks again,
Steve

·
Registered
154 Posts
If it is near the firewall the first place to look would be the lines going to the heater core. See if there is any wetness on the bottom of the hoses. You might also have a leaking heater core that is coming out the condensation drain.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts