Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm wondering has anyone fitted forester or outback struts before? I'm not looking to lower the car. Preferably raise or keep stock ride.

Reason I ask is I want to get king springs or the rallitek raised springs (for a stiffer ride for camping/offroading) in the future but there isn't Tribeca specific available.

Attachments

·
Registered
837 Posts
I think the issue you will run into is the suspension travel on the Tribeca is lower than other models. And the rear shock is specific to the tribeca as well, so it will not interchange with other models. The front is similar to an outback or legacy, but again those will add suspension travel which may not be what you want. Also of consideration is the added weight of the Tribeca over all the other cars king makes springs for. You might consider some fresh struts and springs and a strut top lift kit.

·
Registered
547 Posts
front is the same as 05-09 legacy/outbacks, i've had outback front springs on before and they dropped about 1", rear struts are Tribeca specific.
The only thing I can think of in terms of better struts are Koni inserts, that has not been done but if you can get right size inserts you'll be able to modify them.
Like FLsubies said get a fresh new stock and you should be happy.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I thought the spec b springs worked for lowering, but you had to get the tophats for either the front or the rear. There's a thread on here with the part numbers that are needed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the issue you will run into is the suspension travel on the Tribeca is lower than other models. And the rear shock is specific to the tribeca as well, so it will not interchange with other models. The front is similar to an outback or legacy, but again those will add suspension travel which may not be what you want. Also of consideration is the added weight of the Tribeca over all the other cars king makes springs for. You might consider some fresh struts and springs and a strut top lift kit.
That's what i may have to do. I already ordered a strut top lift kit. 2in in the front and 2.5 in the rear for the saggy butt after thr car is loaded with camping gear. Hopefully that is enough until i get new struts. I might try to convince rallitek to make me specific ones. Ha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts