Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be able to convince a really good friend of mine to custom make some intakes and exhaust systems. But it all depends on the demand for them. if its not worth his time he won't do any. his shop strictly deals with chryslers so it may be like pulling teeth but if I can get at least 5-10 people for each he may do it. Now the question is, What are you guys willing to pay for a cold air intake, axle back exhaust or cat back exhaust? throw me some ideas on exhaust tip styles and mufflers (pics please). In the mean time i'm gonna work on getting him to go with the idea. who knows, if there is a good demand, he may start to make a few other pieces for us too! thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am in for a cat back exhaust. I would say though that it might be better to do a Y back as in replace the y pipe and the mufflers. As for mufflers I personaly like the magnaflow mufflers so a set of oval 2" in and say 2.5'' out would be awesome. I would say give the option for stainless or aluminized.

Intake wise I allready have that I made in mine so thats not realy something I'm interested in.
I would love a set of headers for the car though. The factory ones are way to short. And a good set of mid length headers would do wounders for the car. With say a 3-1 merge collcetor. and a good y at the end to join the two.

·
Registered
552 Posts
SGT Goltz said:
I am in for a cat back exhaust. I would say though that it might be better to do a Y back as in replace the y pipe and the mufflers.
Wouldn't a "cat back" exhaust imply the Y and mufflers would be replaced? Usually all the piping from the last single cat on back is replaced, which normally includes the Y split for the dual exhaust.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Ah, ok...I haven't taken a good look at the underside yet. Sounds like it's not the usual setup.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The exahust is set up with a cat after each header then a y to meet the two togeather then it runs the length of the car and there is a resonator about half way down then it splits into the y for the mufflers right before the spare tire. its verry similer to this exhaust: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005...017QQitemZ270234992337QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Big differance being the bends on the beca exhaust on the mide pipe are in differant places and the y at the end is compleatly differant.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts