Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find this type of cord system to replace a stolen (like anyone else would need this exact setup?!) connector setup.

http://www.xtrememac.com/audio/cables/roadshow.php

Edit: Oops, I'm noticing that this link is broken. The setup was: three small plugs/cords for the audio (L & R) and video, a power plug, -so you would plug all this into the inputs at the rear seats- all coming together cleanly with a barely long enough (I think it was about seven feet-tucked under the floor mats and up the seats) cord with the wide ipod (for the bottom) connector. It was the perfect setup taking advantage of the full A/V transfer of data to the stereo or the DVD/Navi screen and keeping the ipod all charged up.

This company doesn't make this or have this in their catalog anymore and they will not respond to my requests. I cannot find one the A/V hookups and the power plug, also with enough cord length. Does anyone else have a solution or suggestion for me.

Made a quick search through the threads and did not find a match

Thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
Apple makes this same type of cable, which is a bit more $$ but better quality IMO. I use it with a Griffin PowerJolt USB car charger. I bought both at my local Super Walmart, but have also seen them at Radio Shack. You could also get three RCA extension cables from most anywhere to reach the back seat area A/V jacks.

Apple Composite AV Cable

Griffin PowerJolt

-Karen in AZ-

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Karen so much for your prompt reply- it looks like I will have to split up the functions (charge/output) but that not a deal killer.

I will check out these options you provided.

Thanks again,

Tad

·
Registered
119 Posts
Tsporty said:
Thanks Karen so much for your prompt reply- it looks like I will have to split up the functions (charge/output) but that not a deal killer.

I will check out these options you provided.

Thanks again,

Tad
Tad, the Apple cable has USB built in, so you could use any car charger with a USB connector.

·
Registered
630 Posts
how does this ipod thing work,,get a cord from bestbuy or something and plug the cord into the AUX jack in the center arm rest compartment??

·
Registered
139 Posts
Rotorflyr said:
The 06' doesn't have an aux jack in the armrest......those didn't appear til the 07' model.
They do if you install 'em :D - however if you follow the instructions that Karen links to, your sweet sweet install will only handle audio.

·
Registered
119 Posts
jimbo said:
They do if you install 'em :D - however if you follow the instructions that Karen links to, your sweet sweet install will only handle audio.
Actually, I used the Apple AV cable later to switch the audio and add the video...just didn't include tidbit that in the original audio pdf :)

-Karen-

·
Registered
119 Posts
Tribeca_06 said:
how does this ipod thing work,,get a cord from bestbuy or something and plug the cord into the AUX jack in the center arm rest compartment??
You can do that through the armrest...I did originally. Just pop out the little dummy plug where the aux "would" be (the plug is there in the '06s, but it has no connector of any kind...it's right there between the two DC outlets). You can remove the entire armrest with a little work, but much of it is accessible from the back seat drawer area.

I used Apple's AV composite (RCA) dock cable. MUCH higher quality audio through the dock connector than a regular 3.5mm cable through the headphone jack.

-Karen-

·
Registered
630 Posts
i think i have an AUX outlet in the center armrest compartment in between the two outlets??? i guess not..i could be thinking of other car

·
Registered
119 Posts
Tribeca_06 said:
i think i have an AUX outlet in the center armrest compartment in between the two outlets??? i guess not..i could be thinking of other car
It was not available in the 06...came out in 07. The dummy plug is there, though, so they were perhaps planning ahead :)

-Karen-

1 - 13 of 13 Posts