Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let people know how I got a lot of my rattles gone in the Tribeca. I did new struts and also had purchased new tophats as it sounded like they wore out and made noise. So much better, but there were still rattles and thumps. Not much is carried in the storage compartments, but I wrapped the jumper cables up in a towel and drove it without the doors on. Not much difference. I had been noticing that there was a lot of shaking in the rear seat back and really figured it was a lot of the noise. It was. I laid the drivers side flat and boy was it better. Some diagonal bracing might help on the base if you wanted to keep the seat back up all the time. There were still some rattles left and it sounded like the storage compartment doors. I bought some thin stick on weatherstripping and laid some down on the middle x in the front compartment and around the outside edge on the rear compartment. It's like a new car now. It was really so easy that I kick my self for not buckling down and doing it ages ago. The fix for the rattling seat back my not be near so easy, but I don't see why I can't leave it laid flat and put it up if someone needs to ride back there. Hope this info helps somebody. It was so aggravating to drive this thing the way it was.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts