Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm scheduled on the 17th to go to Precision Tuning in NJ. They found a way to disable the DRL's and I am putting my faith in them to get the job done. It's going to be a 3-4hr job but thats ok...Like I said I bit the bullet... Yay:lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
My friend goes to that shop and i heard a lot of good things about them. I hope things work out well with that and keep us posted:D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i doubt they will tell me what exactly they are going to do... however i am optimistic with all the rave reviews i have heard about the place... I will post pics as well as the bill...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally!!!

I have a pair of kick a$$ HID's... Rich from Precision Tuning is hand mapping a fix for the DRL disable... It turns out removing the DRL relay is BAD BAD idea...I will post pics tomorrow... Also the team at Precision Tuning is first rate...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Magic Marker said:
So this would adjust for the lack in voltage from the DRL's?
i'm not exactly sure how they work but i think that this does adjust the voltage that goes into drl. i also googled hid anti flickering and it seems that people are putting a simple capacitor from radio shack into their harness to solve their flickering problems.

·
Registered
29 Posts
does anyone know if the 55w kits that they have out will fix the strobing issue? I know that the older kits were 35w but a typical bulb is 55w so maybe this fixes the stobing problem? Does anyone have pictures of HID's installed?? I am curious how much better they are than the standard halogens........

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
pics

finally i got around to getting some pics placed... let me know what you think... more to come... i tried taking the photo's head on, but my Blackberry Storm didn't like all the light coming at it...So i am going to charge my Nikon and take some better pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
B9LTD83 said:
finally i got around to getting some pics placed... let me know what you think... more to come... i tried taking the photo's head on, but my Blackberry Storm didn't like all the light coming at it...So i am going to charge my Nikon and take some better pics...

why are they upside down!!:mad:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i give up...

i tried to edit the photos and they are still coming up the wrong side up... rawr:tdown:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Is that with the stock halogen projectors? That's a pretty damn good cut off line if so. Be sure to post up exactly what you did.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
More hope to come...

Magic Marker said:
Is that with the stock halogen projectors? That's a pretty damn good cut off line if so. Be sure to post up exactly what you did.
So here is the nitty gritty... They are the stock halogen projectors. I did re-aim the lenses so that the cut off is near perfect. There is no multiple flicker issues when the ballast ignites. Just make sure the ballast you buy is a digital system. The older type is what produces the flicker. There are 55 watt versions of HID's however it boils down to personal preference. 55 watts will be brighter, but i'm sure the bulb life will be shorter. I have installed the 35 watt digital at 8000k. Just be advised that not all systems are created equal. An 8000k unit from another brand will appear more blue. The type I have is linked below. All in all just be careful when installing the system, do your research, take your time, and have a professional install the system. I am headed to baltimore, MD, this morning, so when i drive back to NJ, I will post better night time pics or even a vid when i drive home tonight.:patriot:

http://www.omnixautosports.com/h7-hid-xenon-kit-p/ed-h7-hid-kit.htm

·
Registered
29 Posts
So did they reprogram the H.I.D.s or is it just because these are digital they will not flicker? I thought that the problem was not a multiple flicker on start up but when the DRL where on...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts