Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reason I ask is the makeover was created to increase sales, has it? I'm from Australia and the new shape is due December over here after only being on sale here for 1 year. I don't know if I should be peeved that my car will be superseded so quickly, or be happy because I will own a rare model.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sales are up quite a bit in the US.
October Tribeca 1,468 +14.9%
September Tribeca 1,468 +14.9%
August Tribeca 1,835 which is +33% over last August 06

And no incentives offered on the new tribecas yet since they are selling well. The larger engine and fact that it uses regular gasoline are big selling features.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I actually just picked up ours Today. A 5 pas limited in Bronze. In the US, there is 1500 cash back on a lease. I also got my workplace discount and bought the car below invoice. Got a awesome car for a awesome price. I could not justify 2400 for the nav when I can pick up a TOMTOM for 300-400$.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The nav also includes the back up camera. Not sure what else is included in the nav package. Does the regular tribeca come with the screen?

·
Registered
6 Posts
battlecat said:
Does the regular tribeca come with the screen?
Regular Tribeca comes with an info screen, but it is not the same as the one with the nav. It is only capable of displaying text, not images. (I was hoping one could add the backup camera without nav, but that is not possible.)

I also got in below-invoice w/ lease rebate.
Before the redesign it was not a vehicle we would have considered.

·
Registered
1 Posts
austinpike said:
Before the redesign it was not a vehicle we would have considered.
Second that...I was hesitant about the car but my wife loves subies, so I test drove and wow, what a car. The 2008 Tribeca has great looks and handles great. Only had it three weeks and I'm already adding things to it:D

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
kbeckwith said:
Second that...I was hesitant about the car but my wife loves subies, so I test drove and wow, what a car. The 2008 Tribeca has great looks and handles great. Only had it three weeks and I'm already adding things to it:D
We actually don't like the 08 redesign. Although I do like the fact that it will run on 87 now vs. our current recommended 93.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Honestly I kind of prefer the design on the older one. I have an 08 and the front is pretty generic. Then engine/tranny upgrades were the big thing for me.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
andrec said:
To each his own on the design. But at least the 08 front end was never called a Flying Vagina!:lol:
That's hilarious. I never heard that one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ive loved the tribeca since it came out, except for the front end now that they changed it I own one. I have a feeling alot of people feel the way i do about it and thats why sales went up. The old front end was definately unique and suited some people but the new one definately appeals to a wider range of people.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm in agreement on the older design - it's nice to have something that doesn't look like everything else out there.

For those who prefer the 08 design, I guess to each his/her own...

Funny comment on the vagina, I have actually read that review, however I don't see the resemblance.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think the older design has a Audi/Alpha Romeo look to it... Very European influlenced... thats nice to see in a sea of bland japanese front ends... as mentioned before, I keep getting the 08 front end mixed up with the Pacifica... blah.

·
Registered
50 Posts
crazycanuck said:
I think the older design has a Audi/Alpha Romeo look to it... Very European influlenced... thats nice to see in a sea of bland japanese front ends... as mentioned before, I keep getting the 08 front end mixed up with the Pacifica... blah.
I would agree with the description but if I wanted a euro I guess I would buy a BMW, Mercedes, Land Rover etc, since Subaru is Japanese I expect it to look Japanese. JMO

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looks like they're selling well @ our local dealer. We just bought ours, the powertrain upgrades & switch to 87 made it happen. I definately didn't want one if it ran on Super. 1 car in the family on Super is enough.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Definite difference driving it in the Sport mode too versus the 06 I test drove 3 years ago.

I noticed the only time you see them advertised is on PBS lead ins to Antique Roadshow.

Sales have increased modestly. Subaru is focusing more of their ad campaign on the Forester where they have big plans to quadruple their sales.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yeah, I noticed lots of new Forester commercials. The new Forester is a big improvement IMHO. It always looked like a too tall station wagon, the new shape is similar, but something about it is more proportionate and thus much better looking.

I can see them focusing more on the Forester for 2 primary reasons: it's less expensive (more affordable for the masses) and gets better gas mileage for its size.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Yeah, my dealer can't keep Foresters in stock. He sold a bunch over the holiday weekend. I sat in one and it felt just as high as the B9. So I guess the Forester is a great alternative to an SUV. Too bad there is no longer the LL Bean edition. They told me a Premium pkg came out to replace it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts