Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone successfully removed the warning stickers on the visors? If so, what technique did you use and what was the final out come. Thanks!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link. It seemed like most of those postings were about removing the warning labels from vinyl visors. I tried some of the suggestions and they didn't work for me on the cloth visor in the Tribeca. It seems to be on there so good I can't even peel up a corner to remove it. I didn't want to keep digging on it for fear it would snag and/or damage the material.

So I'm still open to suggestions or anyone else's success stories. I'd like to remove it ASAP so as to avoid any noticeable fading from the rest of the visor.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Eh, I've left them on my past/current cars. I tried peeling them off my first car, left that residue and eventually turned brown cuz the goo is still slightly tacky and the dust in the air stuck to it. Looked way worse than any fading or just leaving the sticker.

My advice...leave the sticker:rolleyes:

If you really wanna pull it off for whatever reason, I'd use an knife to peel it off. Then would try some upholstery cleaner and a stiff brush to get the goo off.

edit: btw...Legacy's have the same cloth visor we have in the Tribeca, they're not vinyl, it's pretty clear in the pics shown in the linked thread. Vinyl would be better, wouldn't have to worry about scrubbing the goo off vinyl/plastic surfaces as opposed to cloth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts