Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new non-BBS fat 5's with tires and TPS (probably needs to be adjusted for Tribeca though) :Dunno:

I was going to go for the 20's but for the right price, I'll grab these. I can use my regular rims for winters.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Depends on the tires...if it's coming with STi sport/summer tires they're gonna be more expensive. Ignoring the tire issue...the brand new OEM STi rims are probably worth about $200 - $250 a piece plus the TPS.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have seen, and was going to buy, a set of these with tpms and sti tires for $650. If you get them, I'd be interested in buying just the tires from you if they are low milage and the price was right.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where?! I just offered a guy 800 for a whole set and he told me no that a guy was buying it for 1100...

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
singincanary said:
Surf the threads on www.nasioc.com for the deals. A local guy (tri-state) just sold a set for $850. I keep any eye on the tri-state and general classifieds to find the deals.
Yeah, keep an eye out on nasioc. There are a lot of people picking up base STi's and I think most will want to unload their stockers.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do keep my eyes out there, but I haven't gotten lucky yet! I may hold out for my bonus in Feb and pick up some 20s :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yes very nice... I'm looking at a set of 19's right now...

1300 wheels, tires, new... forged aluminum Ray's Engineering

??? Whattdya think?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I like them. If those are the actual wheels that you are getting, though, the tires will be the wrong size (too small if they fit an Impreza) and 19" tires ain't cheap.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Really?........ they are 245/35/19

Damn, so I have to get different tires to fit the 'beca. I honestly didn't think that was an issue. But I guess with the weight difference and the fact that the stockers are 18's I have to consider that.

Thanks for the heads-up.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Stock the 'beca has 255/55/18 tires. Stock, the '08+ STi has 245/40/18. The numbers look close, but they are not.

In a 19" size, the closest to stock match for the 'beca is a 255/50/19 sized tire.

The 245/35/19 is going to be about 4" shorter than the stock size. They'll fit, but look crazy small, and through your speedo off by 10mph at 80mph. So, when your speedo says you are going 80, you'll only be going 70.

There are lots of sites that will compare tire sizes for you, but I always use this one:
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/tech/tools/speedocalibrate.html

However, the '08+STi tire size is perfect for my Forester, so I was able to use the tires that came on the '08 STi BBS's that I bought. That's why I offered to buy the tires if you end up picking up a set of '08 STi wheels and tires since I can use them for my Fozzie.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yeah, you really want to match tire diameter as close as possible...otherwise it will throw the speedo and odometer off (by a lot as singincanary stated). It's not only a safety issue, but having incorrect odometer readings is also illegal. They have adjustment converters for big pickups and jeeps, but none for things like SUVs.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great heads-up guys - thank you...

I'm still hoping to rock some 20s :)

I'm keeping my eyes open!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts