Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

The hood release handle on my '08 broke today...the plastic "receiver" that holds the end of the cable split out. Does anyone know a part number for the handle itself? Right now all I can seem to find is the entire cable assembly for about $40, which seems silly if all I need is a plastic part that should cost $5.

Anyone seen one sold separately, or seen a part number for the little handle in the wheel well?

Thanks,

kiwanda

·
Registered
87 Posts
Had to replace one on a different make car and it could only be bought as a complete part with handle and cable to front of car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
there was a no-cost recall repair on the hood latch mechanism. check, maybe tied in with your issue. worth inquiring about.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there was a no-cost recall repair on the hood latch mechanism. check, maybe tied in with your issue. worth inquiring about.
Thanks-- I had that recall done in 2018. It was for the latch itself, unfortunately it appears that the release handle wasn't covered and can only be purchased with the complete assembly. I'm looking for one in a junk yard now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts