1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
837 Posts
The 07 tribeca had the homelink built into the driver-side sun visor not in the mirror, if yours doesn't have this option then you may be able to use the homelink mirror, you would need to see a wiring diagram for it to make sure you only need to power the homelink system and not run anymore wires since they may not be in the factory wiring harness already. As far as power for the compass and autodim you should only need to plug and play for that since Subaru doesnt use a different harness for different options the plugs are most likely hidden behind the roof console area.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Normaly must has wiring harness for the comrass autodim mirror....
I try it...
Has anyone here homelink mirror?or homelink sun visor

·
Registered
837 Posts
Mine came with the Homelink on the visor so I wouldn't be of much help there. You could search on legacygt.com or subaruforester.org and see if anyone there has changed their manual mirror to the autodimm. I am sure someone on the forester site has. I will try to find it for you.

·
Registered
118 Posts
HS01SXA201 fits! all Tribeca's '06-'11

I just today received my 201 in the mail and installed it in my 2006 B9 lmtd. The old mirror comes off with a simple torx screw. The new one just slides on the original thingy on the windshield. Just have to remove the center map light/sun glasses holder. Run supplied wire between roof liner and windshield. Finding the wire harness plug from my car proved to b a challenge as they don't just leave it dangling. After 10 min of searching for plug in my car I called local dealer and they verified that ALL Tribeca's from 06-11 are pre-wired. So, I gently pulled on the roof liner to pull out a while push tab thing directly in center of where map light assembly was removed. It holds the plastic of the liner to metal of roof. Then refer to pdf below. Removing these clips allow u to be able to pull roof liner down enough to find wire harness clip, which is located just left of opening (from center light console) tucked and folded behind plastic. Its there! Promise! Plug it into new mirror wire and put back together. Set compass zone and drive in a circle for orientation of compass. Done!!:banana:

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts