Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2" Class III hitch and am looking for an easy way to carry dirty stuff and more stuff without having to use a trailer (which I already do). There are all kinds of options here for less than $200, and I have a couple in mind. I just want a little more experience from someone who has one firsthand before biting the bullet. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hitch mounted Cargo Rack

I bought one from Joe's last summer before a road trip from Seattle to Disneyland. It also was for a 2" hitch and I paid somewhere around $150 IIRC. It worked well and was made of 3/4 or 1" square tubing so it had plenty of places to tie down my stuff and I think was rated for 200lbs. I put four three full size suitcases and a couple small dufflebags(>120lbs) then covered with a tarp and strapped the whole thing down with webbing camlock straps. A little squat was evident, but not bad, I aired up the tires a bit to compensate. There were two small issues. 1. I wasn't able to open the tailgate due to the height of my cargo. 2. The exhaust was aimed at the edge of the rack and kinda melted the tarp, not bad, but it did shrink and crinkle the tarps. The load was never heated, but I was checking it every stop, afraid of catching something on fire..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info gparker. I'm still looking at options.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.