Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously thinking of picking up a 08' Subaru Tribeca Limited this weekend. Have only briefly test driven one a couple of weeks back... wanted to know if there are any problems/issues/others etc that I should look out for before purchasing.

I've read plenty of good reviews, and unless someone here says not to get the 08' I'm going to pull the trigger!

Can't wait, I really like the styling of the Tribeca over the CX-9 and Highlander.. plus I can't wait to drive the AWD in the rain or snow.

TIA

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
IMO you should go Tribeca over the other choices. It's bigger then the Highlander and the CX-9 is too big. Besides, Subaru has been doing AWD forever so you have the long history behind it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah.. I'm all in on the Subaru Tirbeca! Just wanted to know if there is anything I should look for when test driving / inspecting the vehicle?

Any issues with the 08' model that I should be aware of?? also this is for latter reference but does having the "BOXTER" type engine makes it hard for non Subaru service dealers harder, more expensive to work on?

·
Registered
630 Posts
go with the 08.. it fixes the issues with the early alfo-grills. engine is good, sat. radio, mem seats, back up cam, styling is nice.
issues, only thing i can think of is on some the rear plastics make some noise. otherwise nothing wrong

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK. I'm the new owner of an 08' limited TriBeCa. Couple of things, no way to sync the temp. settings for both sides ? Also no auto lock when car is put in drive?

·
Registered
630 Posts
no auto lock... people seem to like that.. it gets old, my E-class does it.. drives me crazy sometimes.. but i just it the lock botton by the windows. um, there are two controls for both sides, and i guess to sync them just put them to the same temp?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm really loving the car, but with kids in the car would have been nice with autolock. No way the dealer could set the code to fix this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.