Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm new here and wanted to say hi.

I currently have a 07 Impreza and looking to go into something bigger.
I was looking at a new 10 Outback and Forester. However, my dealer has a few 06's B9's on the lot.
We sat in one and REALLY liked it.

My only complaint (and I know I'm not alone on this) is the lack of a aux in.
I've seen the wiring diagram that can be done, so I was thinking if we get the B9 I'll look at going that route.

Anyone know if that will work with a base 1 disc cd stereo?

Also, my other question is does anyone know what the smallest wheel/tire combo is for a winter setup? I'm guessing 17s?
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
630 Posts
what colors do they have? dont get gold. for an 06...i would get an 07 if you find a good deal..there is some improvments...also you might be able to find a good deal on craigslist.com

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, I've seen that people have had problems with the gold when I was doing some research online.
This is burgundy, and the other one is blue.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Magic Marker said:
Well if you go 06, be prepared to fill her with Premium.
Thats another thing making me slow down on this purchase...I really don't want to have to pay the extra for that fuel (it's looks hard enough on fuel as it is).

And I wouldn't go black or white....don't like white cars and have a black show car that is hard enough to keep clean.

·
Registered
630 Posts
craigslist you might be able to find a one owner b9 for a really good price vs the dealer, and the savingings could help with the gas..lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
Have read about a number of people running mid-grade in the 06-07 without issue (though one commented it performed better on premium when really hot out)......YMMV

We haven't tried mid-grade in our 06' as of yet (premium isn't reall all that much more), but I think we will come mid/late fall to see what happens :wave:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Rotorflyr said:
Have read about a number of people running mid-grade in the 06-07 without issue (though one commented it performed better on premium when really hot out)......YMMV

We haven't tried mid-grade in our 06' as of yet (premium isn't reall all that much more), but I think we will come mid/late fall to see what happens :wave:
I ran 87 for a few tanks. There was noticeable power loss from a stand still and when passing. If you don't care of either, 87 works.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys for all the comments.
We aren't really all that worried about the fuel as it's not going to be used as our commuter vehicle. We have another car for that.
This is going to be mainly used for when we have children in the future.

So does anyone know what the smallest sized wheel/tire combo would be?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts