Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 B9 Tribeca, 15000 miles
Motor hesitates at around 2500 to 3000 rpm. Really notice it on cormners where Im looking t for a smooth takeaway. This behaviour is prompting me to drive it more aggrssively to hide this trait. I want to drive it smoothly and not always getting into the throttle!
Anyone have similar experiences? Any fixes? Any assistance appreciated. Apart from this one issue, we love this car!!

BobM

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I believe the hesitation you describe is just how the car drives. I've tried to drive it smoothly in varing conditions, but sometimes I have to hit the throttle a little harder then I like.

07 LTD w/ 13k.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I don't notice that hesitation you describe. I do notice sometimes I am cruising along at say 40-45 mph and I slowly press the gas to gain a little more speed it hardly reacts unless I depress it enough for the tranny to kick down and I get a faster acceleration, it seems to happen more often than in my 1997 OB.

What Octane are you using? Could it be a lower octane is causing the hesistation?

·
Registered
196 Posts
One other thing you may try is to re-boot the ECU. Unplug the negative battery for a while (>10 minutes) and then reconnect. That way your ECU will have to relearn and may remove the quirk.

·
Registered
214 Posts
hawker800mech said:
One other thing you may try is to re-boot the ECU. Unplug the negative battery for a while (>10 minutes) and then reconnect. That way your ECU will have to relearn and may remove the quirk.
I havent done it to the Tribeca, but I know that in the Outbacks (2004+ I think?), the newer ones do not reset the ECU by doing this. Only way to do it was to get it reset by the dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I took my 07 b9 in to the dealer today because of the exact same problem. Beyond the noticable power loss and shifting, I was able to show how the engine misfires while revving the motor to about 3500. So we'll see what they say or do.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
boxerrain said:
I took my 07 b9 in to the dealer today because of the exact same problem. Beyond the noticable power loss and shifting, I was able to show how the engine misfires while revving the motor to about 3500. So we'll see what they say or do.
I'd like to hear what they have to say. I think a lot of us here just believe that is how the car was just engineered.

·
Registered
5 Posts
they say the ecu does a fuel cut when in park or neutral and there were not any codes. I guess there is not a lot more they can do from a warrantee drop off. They did mention that subaru may issue a flash update. They were polite enough to not say that I am just tripping about it. Mechanic did an extensive road test. ++ they fixed my unregistered tpms. I'll just keep an eye on it. maybe get a second opinion? Maybe it'll just loosen up. I just started giving it mobile 1.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I know lower fuel grade will cause a hesitation, however this is typicaly noticed when taking off from a stop, or at first when trying to accelerate hard. If I use cheap gas, it does this. It goes away when I use premium (takes about 1/2 tank before i notice the change).

Not sure if thats your problem, but figured I'd mention it.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
awd_envy said:
I know lower fuel grade will cause a hesitation, however this is typicaly noticed when taking off from a stop, or at first when trying to accelerate hard. If I use cheap gas, it does this. It goes away when I use premium (takes about 1/2 tank before i notice the change).

Not sure if thats your problem, but figured I'd mention it.
I'm probably suffering from that a bit since I'm only putting in 89 octane.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts