Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my buddy hasn't waxed his car in over two years. He loves his car, but doesn't have the products, time or the will to do it so he asked me to work on it. Overall the finish isn't bad, just needed some TLC. Of course later this afternoon, my neighbor friend asked me to go over and help him do his SUV. That will be done tomorrow morning. Ugh and early Saturday morning.

This was the clay just from the rear bumper. Funny how dirty a car really is AFTER a wash. It's amazing what this stuff can pick up.

Here is what I used on the car. I wasn't able to get all the swirls out as I had limited time. I'll have to go much more aggressive as Chrysler clear seems fairly hard. Before anyone says anything, yes I use a different pad for every application.

No before shots b/c it didn't look bad to begin with.

The obligatory mirror shot.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Nice work as usual Magic:tup:

I was feeling energetic yesterday too and washed and waxed my Accord and washed our Tribeca as well (waxed it 2 weeks ago:) ).

I will admit though that I've loss the ambition to wash, clay bar, glaze and wax:eek: Here's a pic of my Accord the last time I really went all out on it (about 4 yrs ago:(). It still looks good, but it's 193k mi is starting to catch up with the paint....rock chips from daily commute, door dings after living in an apartment:mad:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Flatsix said:
Very Nice Work...what do you charge?

:)
I really don't do it as a side business, but people are starting to ask me about it. I only charged my buddy $50. I was helping a neighbor friend work on his Nissan Rogue early this morning. As we were finishing up, one of the people who live in our complex asked who did the work.

I told him I did it as my hobby. He wants his 2yr old 328Xi coupe done. I typically only focus on the exterior, but I told him I would do a simple wipe down and vacuum inside.

He asked how much and I said $100. Unbelievably, he said yes. So I think I'm going to do it tomorrow afternoon.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 328Xi wants me to do his girlfriends G35X sedan. Although it is larger, I said $100 as the paint wasn't in bad condition.

After I talked to him today, he already recommended me to his friend who has a 328i sedan and Audi A4 S Line pkg. This money is going to come in really handy as we just signed up with a contractor to do a full kitchen remodel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts