Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Several months ago I installed an Aux cable in my '06, now out of the blue all I have is muffled bass! I reversed the install but it didn't correct the issue. Any ideas as to what could be causing this? I checked the audio fuse and dissconnected the wires that I added.

On a side note, when we first got the car before I tampered with anything, the sub would "pop" when you turned the car off. I don't know if its related but figured I'd throw that in there. I need to get this fixed the wife is starting to get pissed.

Thanks!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Dude, I think you may have had problems before the install even started with the sub popping as it did. Is the problem isolated to the auxin or is it the same on any source (AM/FM/CD/RSE AUX)?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
McGurk said:
Dude, I think you may have had problems before the install even started with the sub popping as it did. Is the problem isolated to the auxin or is it the same on any source (AM/FM/CD/RSE AUX)?
Agreed^^

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its muffled on everything. I think its probably the amp, I'm willing to bet that there are two amp circuits and the one for the sub is still working but the one for the speakers is dead... :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I pulled the radio out and took it apart, the ic amp had some serious corrosion on it. I cleaned it up and re-soldered the connections but that didn't fix it. I ordered a new ic amp, should be here in a few days, guess I'll throw that in and see what happens

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I'm guessing there still aren't any aftermarket trim kits for B9's?

·
Registered
192 Posts
devilmotorsports said:
Hi all!

Several months ago I installed an Aux cable in my '06, now out of the blue all I have is muffled bass! I reversed the install but it didn't correct the issue. Any ideas as to what could be causing this? I checked the audio fuse and dissconnected the wires that I added.

On a side note, when we first got the car before I tampered with anything, the sub would "pop" when you turned the car off. I don't know if its related but figured I'd throw that in there. I need to get this fixed the wife is starting to get pissed.

Thanks!
How did you install an Aux jack in an '06? There's no Aux input on this stereo. I take it you lined in to the Rear DVD input?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fixed it! The part was on backorder at Cruthfield for about a week but it just came in and I just replaced it. Granted I haven't heard the stereo in about two weeks but it sounds clearer and more powerful than before! Best $30 I've spent in a while!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts