Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I just finished signing the papers on an 06 5 passenger Tribeca!! I am familiar with the Subaru family as my STG III WRX was traded in for what ended up being a STG II Legacy GT, and that traded in for this beauty.

I have a new born and a new house, so thats why I decided I needed a bit more room. I work for the DoD in VA. I look forward to meeting and talking with you fello B9 owners.

Also, I am familiar with how the fourm works as I dealt with NASIOC and LGT.com. However, I would appreciate any heads up that I should know of, or heads up on service bulletins that I should check to make sure they were done, etc....I will of course, now go and and research.

Thanks, and good to meet you
Rob

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Welcome to the B9 club. Unfortunatley there is no aftermarket support or even SPT support for the B9.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome, I am aware that there is 0 aftermarket support. In a way its probably a good thing, as the mod bug usually bites me pretty hard. Could you tell me a few things that people have figured out they can do with what Subaru has given us? example the information screen? can we do anything more with it? Also I have an audio button to the left of the info button, what does it do? I have pressed it and held it down and get nothing. Also I see the AUX button, where is the aux.input?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Do a lot of searching and you'll find answers.

The Audio button is only for MP3 information. In 06, I believe there is an Aux jack in the "would be" 3rd row C pillar. There is no Aux jack in the front of the vehicle in 06.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Magic_Marker, doing a lot of searches and really not finding much......whats up with that?

Third row C pillar? Why would they put it back there? This is all new to me, so If I plug my IPOD in inthat Aux input, can I control the IPOD Via the buttons on the dash/steering wheel?

Message Screen, what else can be done with that?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
06 dont have a jack up front. It started in 07 with an aux in the arm rest. You can not control the iPod thru the car. I think peaty did a DIy for 06 aux music through the rse.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a 5 pass 06 and there is no aux input in the would be 3rd row seating pillar. Maybe if you get the DVD or the 7 seater. I have the base 06.

Some of the common things done are puddle lights, installing the aero bars, rear bumper guard... its a very short list.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Crazycanuck is correct...there is no aux input on the 06 models unless you have the rear seat DVD. If you have NAVI, there is a DIY for an aux input. Search for the user kmartin here and on NASIOC in the Tribeca section.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts