Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I just traded in our 07 ForesterX for an 07 Tribeca Ltd. This is our 5th Subaru. We really scored on this one. The Tribeca is fully decked out minus the upddle lights and fancy rear-view mirror, and it had only 24k miles on it. We took it off the lot for $24k after receiving a very generous $13k trade on the Forester.

I would like to thank this forum for giving me several tips on what to beware of before buying the vehicle (front-end noises). Now, I just have to get brushed up on my Tribeca knowledge.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome!

Welcome! Good to see another Treibeca in Oregon! Which dealer did you end up getting your Tribeca at? We traded in our 2006 Outback for a 2010 Tribeca in July at Royal Moore. We couldn't be more happy with the extra space and higher ride.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We picked ours up at Royal Moore too. This is the second vehicle we've purchased there. I'm not a fan of their service deparment, but I really like my sales guy. Bob Curran, ftw!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Bob was our salesman as well. We had a pretty good experience at Royal Moore--better than the one we had in '06 with our Outback at Carr Subaru.

Good to know the Service Department isn't great. Then again I'm not sure any of them really are. I always used Wentworth because it was close to where I was working. I then found an independent place once the warranty ran out. The service was better and far cheaper!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Who's your independant shop? I have been very happy with Rich at Superior Import Repair out on Prescott/ NE 82nd. I've been looking for a good shop a little closer to home (hillsboro/aloha)- i.e. not out by PDX.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Great minds think a like! Superior Import Repair is the place we have used as well--though we used their location at 7th & E. Burnside near dowtown Portland. You will have to let me know how knowledgeable they are when it comes to Tribecas. Everyone is so focused on Outbacks & Foresters right now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, the 30K service will probably come due around March. I typically do that work myself, but with my schedule the way it is now I may take it down and see what they can do for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.