Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I see a cone filter tucked under there in the first (unpainted) shot. Besides the drop, what else have you done to er??

Like what I'm seeing!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Beside the overall paint job, custom intake, wheels, and custom intake, I have upgraded the audio system. I am running Orion Audio all around, so comps in the front and rear and the amp powering them and Orion's subs and amp. I have the two 12in Orion subs squeezed in to where the stock 6.5 woofer is haha. I will be posting up pictures for my setup as soon as finish all the wiring. I'm currently planing out a pop up screen above the navi screen for a carputer. I am also planing on supercharging her! but that much later!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Bravo ;) (suscribes to user)... Be sure to post up what and when you do stuff. I'll be following. Nice work so far and keep it up. :tup:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
gndm93 said:
Beside the overall paint job, custom intake, wheels, and custom intake, I have upgraded the audio system. I am running Orion Audio all around, so comps in the front and rear and the amp powering them and Orion's subs and amp. I have the two 12in Orion subs squeezed in to where the stock 6.5 woofer is haha. I will be posting up pictures for my setup as soon as finish all the wiring. I'm currently planing out a pop up screen above the navi screen for a carputer. I am also planing on supercharging her! but that much later!
Interior shots are required :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
here is a pic of just before i started running all the wiring. sorry about the quality its on my phone. i sure deff will post up pics when i complete the wiring

·
Registered
552 Posts
Welcome aboard...nice work!

Just one comment on choice of color...looks like the stock newport blue but it does look to be a little deeper? If you went through the trouble of painting you shoulda went with color that doesn't look like any of the stock to be totaly unique;) :wave:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The color I picked is actually a tweaked Honda color. I just added red, blue, and silver pearl to it, I also gave it a darker tint. Picture does not show its true color. It is a truly unique color. Nothing outrageous though.

Reason why I picked a simple color is because people tend to attack my car with shopping carts and keys. So i wanted a color that I could easily mix and spray with out having a difficult time matching. For example after the paintjob was finished about a month ago. i had to paint both rear doors again. One door was a shopping cart, and the other was a huge door ding.

I would have gone with a crazy color from house of kolor but it is so hard to match without blending into my other panels

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hah, I hear ya. My right rear bumper corner is also a magnet for shopping carts apparently. It's been scuffed/scratch in about the same spot on 3 different occasions:eek:

It's definitely a nice color, I could tell it seemed more "blue" than the stock newport blue. You're lucky you have to resources to paint it up yourself:tup:

·
Registered
630 Posts
wow really nice! do you own/work at a body shop?? the paint loooks really good even for not factory, it looks like WRX STI blue lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Really nice job! Have you taught of painting the chrome inside your headlights like some impreza (I mean oven the headlamps) ?

Cheers, J.

·
Registered
124 Posts
SimAwd said:
Really nice job! Have you taught of painting the chrome inside your headlights like some impreza (I mean oven the headlamps) ?

Cheers, J.
Like COBBS TRIBECA?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tribeca_06 said:
wow really nice! do you own/work at a body shop?? the paint loooks really good even for not factory, it looks like WRX STI blue lol
I manage an autobody. so all the work was done in shop.

Cheers, J.
Yes I have thought of doing that. Just haven't found the time.

I still have alot of work to put into it. I hit a large animal on the highway a few nights ago. Did some major damage. Lost my tow hook cover and right fender molding. Also half my bumper was hanging and the right headlight seems to be leaking water now. I guess i joust found some time to paint the inside of the headlights haha:lol:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Hey gndm93, I have a question.

I got my first door ding/ dent in my 08 Outback Sport. It is somewhat of a crease door ding and it sits right on top of a body crease line. Is this something that PDR can fix?

thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
http://www.sb9t.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1149

Post 17 gives the part numbers I used. It was just swapping out the springs. Really easy. Can be done in a few hrs with the right tools.

I have the springs and top hat. Pm me if youre interested.

I swapped them out for the factory the springs for the winter a few years ago. My aunt ended up totaling my car that winter.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.