Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just found this forum.

Picked up our 2009 Tribeca Limited (w/o NAV)yesterday and loving it for the first 100 miles. I look forward to many years of enjoyment from this vehicle.

We also own a 2003 Legacy and have been quite pleased with it. Looks like we are becoming a Subaru family.

I found this website trying to find mods to change the screen and install a rear view camera. Thinking of searching the local scrap/junk yards for any wrecked Tribecas that have the NAV screens. Anyone think this will work?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Putting in your own NAVI will not work:( One guy on here (who owns his own body shop even) has tried with an 09 Tribeca as well. It just won't work b/c the wiring seems to go through the chassis harnesses and he nor his dealer could get the necessary wire harness. And even if you could, you would have to remove/replace A LOT of wiring. The built-in navi displays a lot of chassis/dynamic info that probably comes from the ECU, it's not just a separate standalone system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Snork. I saw kmartin's posts where she added in a wireless camera setup. I wondered if the nav screen had an input where one could connect the receiver of the wireless camera to it rather than the screen she mounted in the glass holder to keep it more like stock.

I could not justfiy spending over $2k on the nav setup, but I really wish I had the backup camera. We test drove one that had it and it was a nice feature.

Anyone have issues with the rear view assist? Our's is going off when there is nothing behind us. Seems like it needs to be calibrated or something. Going to give it a few weeks and if it does not improve we will have to visit the dealer to look at it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
jonsjunk said:
Thanks Snork. I saw kmartin's posts where she added in a wireless camera setup. I wondered if the nav screen had an input where one could connect the receiver of the wireless camera to it rather than the screen she mounted in the glass holder to keep it more like stock.
Actually, I just mounted the wireless monitor in the sunglass holder. My Nav screen ('06) DOES have a generic RCA input for video on its back, but the camera I bought didn't have an output. I have video from my iPhone wired that way, though. I have to select the Audio button twice, and it seems to activate the video from the phone automatically. Not sure if your camera's output signal would automatically activate the Nav screen or not, but it sounds possible.

Hope that helps.

-Karen in AZ-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts