Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 07 tribeca , bought new only have 17000 miles , great car lousy brakes. Soft pedal too much play , you can push brake pedal to the floor with little effort when you are at a stop. Recently had car cut in front of me slow speed in shopping center, slid my foot over to apply brakes pedal was so far down , I got gas and brake at the same time. I have driven probally 40 or 50 diffrent cars in my time the only time I had pedal this soft is when my 66 plymouth had a bad master cylinder. Have 07 mazda cx 7 there is no comparsion , brakes are much much better. Have gone back to subaru dealer twice they assure me this is normal !!!! Any one have this experience, and is there a solution? IF I can not correct I THINK will trade this car in . Any suggestions
fast pap

·
Registered
7 Posts
You have 3 options:

1) Ignore all stop signs
2) Get used to the brakes
3) Sell me the safest SUV, with its few imperfections, for $100.

Should we list the things wrong with the Mazda? The brakes are what they are. I would pick #2.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Those are just how the brakes are, either live with it or like you said sell it. This issue is well discussed here and commonly noted, try using the search function.

Every car is different, IMHO if you can't get used to the brakes and that is your biggest complaint, you're a pansy:rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ask a valid question about a saftey concern , and get three dum ass answers, do no give up your day time job , you will never make in the comedy club !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well, you'd think that someone who'd driven 40-50 cars would have the good sense to take a vehicle for a test drive. Hell, even my non-car loving wife test drove about six different vehicles before she settled on the 'Beca, and ruled most of them out within the first 30 seconds of driving for:

brake feel
visibility
comfort of the seats
power
fit and finish

I mean, why'd ya buy a rig that you don't like?

·
Registered
552 Posts
And coming in for post #1 you're ranting and raving saying you'll sell the car with the angry face icon:mad: Not much of a good first introduction for yourself.

And seriously, gas+brake? This is an SUV, the pedals aren't exactly setup for heal-toe driving unless you got monster feet:tdown:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome to SB9T, fastpap! Sorry you weren't welcomed better, but that was an abrasive 1st post in a VERY pro-Tribeca forum.

The squishy brakes aren't a hidden issue (I heard all about it online before a test drive), but I haven't had any of the issues it sounds you have had. I would suggest trying a 2nd dealer and tell them of your previous experiences and that you don't feel safe driving it in its current condition. While you are there, ask to test drive a used one similar to yours to see if it is any different. Yours is still under warranty and, worst case scenario, you won't be any worse off than you were before and maybe even a little more informed.

As far as trading it off, that's up to you but I sure am happy with mine, as most people here seem to be with theirs. Good Luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts