Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
My name is Vin from NY and I'd like to start by saying thank you for having me.
My youngest daughter will be getting her license in 2 months so I just picked up a 2006 B9 Tribeca LTD from a family member. Opportunity knocked so I grabbed it being they offered it to me for such a low price. Silver with the charcoal gray leather and roof. It's accident free with 157K on it. The paint body is close to mint with new tires, brakes, front struts, radiator/hoses, some exhaust work, trans flush, oil change and a full tank of gas :)

What does need attention at some point in time:
I was told that one of the coolant tubes was changed already because it rotted out and there is another or more that are rusty and that I should probably change them at some point in time before the go as well. There is some slight rust starting under the rear hatch and around the seams on the drivers door sill. When hitting a speed bump you hear a slight knock in the front end. The rear hatch switch needs to be press around 100 times to get it to work in order to open the tailgate. The metal hinge on the center console cracked. I NEED to install a blue tooth module of some sort so my daughter can be hands free.

That's about it and I will try to upload pics.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
knock going over bumps is the sway bar bushing. Easy fix. Search on here for it.
Thanks I figured as much. I'd like to try and clean the tailgate switch if it's possible instead of replacing it. I did a search and didn't find anything concerning switch replacement or opening and cleaning... wondering if anyone has done that ?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
You are the first that I've heard of the button not actual working. There is a rubber cover over it, maybe yours got torn?

Probably needs to be replaced.

Tom

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just realized, the hatch release doesn't work with fob either... so does that mean it's the actuator instead and not the switch?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Fob only unlocks it, the button still actuates it (like a door handle). Can you hear it lock and unlock?

Could be the actuator and not the switch either way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So due to the whole covid thing my kids road test was postponed for bit and she just got her license December 2020... so in the meantime I had sparingly used the car maybe 2 or 3 times per month just to keep everything moving. Installed the Grom audio blue tooth module and replaced the sway bar bushings. But boy lemme tell you, every time I turned around I was opening my wallet for this vehicle. So far unexpected fixes all done by shop mechanic were muffler fell off due to rot so I had replaced with 2 mufflers and muffler pipe, 2 misfire codes so replaced 3 plugs and cops, rebuilt alternator, cam position sensor, driver rear wheel speed sensor replaced... and needed to fix the wiring under the plastic under the skid plate because a rodent was nesting under the plate and chewed through the wires. Just went for my lungs yesterday, gas tank sprung a leak so replaced with new tank, straps, gaskets....$1500 bill alone. No I didn't replace the pump although I probably should have.
I figured I'd take my chance with well working used factory pump compared to a new aftermarket one. If it goes ...shame on me.
I am officially married to this vehicle and we have a love hate relationship at this point. I'm giving her a little more time but if she keeps it up, I'm divorcing her and we're going separate ways.

·
Administrator
627 Posts
Hi there. Sorry for your troubles. Who did your gas tank for "only" 1500? I have had estimates of 2600 and others here have had to pay around that much. I would "happily" pay 1500 to keep mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts