Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I start the engine on my 08 Tribeca after it was parked outside and the temperature was cold, it usually takes much longer to start. Yesterday, it was not too cold (only ~10F) and engine did not start at all from the first attempt. But when it is parked in the garage, in the morning it starts normally.
I saw the TSB 07-62-07 “Dark Current or Excessive Battery Draw” on the Subaru techinfo site which can potentially explain the problem but since it is available only in paper format, they would not ship it to Canada even if I pay $5…
Does anyone notice similar issue or might see that TSB?

Thanks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
ManyYs said:
When I start the engine on my 08 Tribeca after it was parked outside and the temperature was cold, it usually takes much longer to start. Yesterday, it was not too cold (only ~10F) and engine did not start at all from the first attempt. But when it is parked in the garage, in the morning it starts normally.
I saw the TSB 07-62-07 “Dark Current or Excessive Battery Draw” on the Subaru techinfo site which can potentially explain the problem but since it is available only in paper format, they would not ship it to Canada even if I pay $5…
Does anyone notice similar issue or might see that TSB?

Thanks!
I've noticed that once its been sitting in the cold it does take a tad bit longer to start, but it hasn't happened where it wouldnt start. My car is always parked outdoors.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
SubieTri08 said:
I've noticed that once its been sitting in the cold it does take a tad bit longer to start, but it hasn't happened where it wouldnt start. My car is always parked outdoors.
Agreed. If it's really cold it will take a second longer then normal. We don't have a garage, so it's always outside.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts