Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if I flush the heater core what size Inner diameter hose do I need?
Also has anyone had any problems with aftermarket heater cores if I need to change it out.
If the engine is out , is it just as easy to replace the entire Core pipes and all or just do the cut , hose, and clamp it on?
Also what radiator should I use. I just want to replace it just in case gunk is clogging that up as well.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I tried to flush mine which like yours is blocked on one side. It made no difference and I didn't manage to flush out any gunk. I wouldn't waste your time. Replacing the core is easier than FSM describes. It's easier to cut pipes underneath dash and then slide core out. You then cut pipes on new core to match and join with short rubber pipes with clips. There's a thread somewhere on this site - do a search.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried to flush mine which like yours is blocked on one side. It made no difference and I didn't manage to flush out any gunk. I wouldn't waste your time. Replacing the core is easier than FSM describes. It's easier to cut pipes underneath dash and then slide core out. You then cut pipes on new core to match and join with short rubber pipes with clips. There's a thread somewhere on this site - do a search.
Thank you for the info. The search came up empty. I found a youtube video that kind of showed it but had no info on what he used. Do you know what size clamps and hose you used.?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trust me I've read and commented on that thread. I'm the last 5 entries. Noone responded. I can probably just take it to napa to find out what fits after I get the new heater core but if someone did the work already and it worked for them, I wish there were part numbers of the things that have worked for them. This site is great for some info but it does lack members or at least members that check these forums. That is hopefully a good thing as many of the Tribeca 's may just be running the way they are supposed to. Hopefully I will be on the list one day where I'm just coming here to help someone else out.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Well, it's a post from 4 years ago. Most don't come back after they get rid of their cars or don't need help anymore.

As it is, you could take the heater core into NAPA and buy the hose & clamps that fit the pipes - my experience is that they're very helpful there and will grab parts out and help you test fit things. Not everyone is always going to hold your hand and give you everything you need - you have to experiment and learn as you go. If you want someone to hold your hand, you're generally going to have to pay $80-100 per hour for it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, it's a post from 4 years ago. Most don't come back after they get rid of their cars or don't need help anymore.

As it is, you could take the heater core into NAPA and buy the hose & clamps that fit the pipes - my experience is that they're very helpful there and will grab parts out and help you test fit things. Not everyone is always going to hold your hand and give you everything you need - you have to experiment and learn as you go. If you want someone to hold your hand, you're generally going to have to pay $80-100 per hour for it.
Understood. The Napa thing if you read my post is what I already said I could do. This site is a bit different than others but probably because it's a smaller network.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Heater core from some Toyotas is a direct fit, and there are cheaper alternatives from China that unfortunately are not available in US. I am too toying with the idea if replacing the heater core but will likely try to make it during the summer.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heater core from some Toyotas is a direct fit, and there are cheaper alternatives from China that unfortunately are not available in US. I am too toying with the idea if replacing the heater core but will likely try to make it during the summer.
Ordering on Monday and hopefully it will be in before the weekend

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone. I have same problem, fogged windshield and no heating pannasger side. I disassembling driver side and dont know how to unplug alumin hose from radiator. does anyone know or is it pressure filled of freon and may be it lost when it unplug?

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts