Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the heated mirrors button supposed to light up indicating they have been turned on? I press the button and nothing really happens...am I missing something?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Heated mirror button

ronispooldu said:
Is the heated mirrors button supposed to light up indicating they have been turned on? I press the button and nothing really happens...am I missing something?
I've noticed there is a "heated symbol" on the mirrors on my 2008. Does this light up when used? But have not used the heating yet this winter. Maybe, just for grins, I'll try it.:)

MNSteve

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I think the symbol on the mirror is just for looks. There is no light that I am aware of that indicates that the heaters are on. I believe the side mirror heaters are activated when you switch on the windshield heater. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
214 Posts
No, I dont believe they light up. Not in my 07.

They used to have a separate button for rear view mirrors (Outbacks). The Tribeca has the mirror automatically on when you put the rear defroster on. If you look at the symbol, its the square one (rear) as opposed to the angled (front).

·
Registered
124 Posts
I don't think I've ever used the heated mirrors function and wouldn't know how to turn it on. The mirrors are small enough to clean quickly if they are frosty when you scrape the windows.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Tribeca_06 said:
i dont even know where the botton is.....is it the botton with the heated windshield..?
It's the rear window defrost button (square red symbol) in the center controls. I think right above the passenger temperature guage.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah - on all of the recent gen Subarus with heated mirrors/seats (winter package), the rear defrost button also activates the mirror defoggers/defrosters

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Subiesan said:
Yeah - on all of the recent gen Subarus with heated mirrors/seats (winter package), the rear defrost button also activates the mirror defoggers/defrosters
If I'm correct, on the new Tribeca the rear defroster turns on all the defrosters. Rear/ Mirrors and windshield.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Magic...on the 06/07 at least (and I believe it's still there for all the current Tribecas), the there is a button to the lower left of the steering wheel (down by the stability control button) for the front wiper heaters. The side mirrors' heater are switched on with the rear defroster.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
snork said:
Magic...on the 06/07 at least (and I believe it's still there for all the current Tribecas), the there is a button to the lower left of the steering wheel (down by the stability control button) for the front wiper heaters. The side mirrors' heater are switched on with the rear defroster.
Yeah I knew that, but it is good and bad. Sometimes I forget to press it, but also you may not always need/ want it on.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hah, yeah...my wife usually drives the Tribeca and I always have to remind her to turn on the wiper heaters.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts