Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if the heated mirrors are on constantly, or if you have to use, say the rear defroster to activate them? All I know is that my Volvo S40 has heated mirrors, and they are just on... they work fine, but in the same weather, my B9's don't seem to melt the ice/snow off at all.

·
Registered
552 Posts
The heated mirrors only come on when the rear defroster is on...this is how most cars operate. It's weird that your Volvo they would be on all the time, that's a waste of power. The wiper heaters have their own button to the lower left of the steering wheel as you probably know.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
snork said:
The heated mirrors only come on when the rear defroster is on...this is how most cars operate. It's weird that your Volvo they would be on all the time, that's a waste of power. The wiper heaters have their own button to the lower left of the steering wheel as you probably know.
Wow, I'm an idiot. I never realized there was a seperate button for the front wiper defrosters. I just assumed that they turned on when you turned on the windsheild defroster along with the side mirror defrosters.

I just re-read the manual.

You can have the dealer reset the defrosters so they are on continuous mode if you like.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Also just so you know...the "continuous" mode still requires pushing the button to turn them on, they just stay on until you either push the button again or the car turns off, they do not turn on automatically. The other (defualt) option is for them to run for 15 minutes after you turn them on, then they turn off automatically.

·
449 Posts
Yea the outside heaters work with the rear defrost unlike all the other Subarus I've owned that either had a seperate switch for the outside mirrors (our last Outback) or come on with the front wiper park heaters like my Forester.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts