Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody.
I hope everybody is okey in this times.
Start replacing low beam bulb and find out that small screw which holding cover in place get bad. Head become rusty and round , can't fit screwdriver.
Any ideas what types, kind of screw I can use.
Try to look online to buy screw ,but it come with cover only.
Thank you for any advice and be safe out there.

·
Administrator
692 Posts
Hello everybody.
I hope everybody is okey in this times.
Start replacing low beam bulb and find out that small screw which holding cover in place get bad. Head become rusty and round , can't fit screwdriver.
Any ideas what types, kind of screw I can use.
Try to look online to buy screw ,but it come with cover only.
Thank you for any advice and be safe out there.
Could you be more specific? What year is your Tribeca? I have a spare headlight if it is an 06-07....I could just drop it in the mail if it is just a screw.

·
Administrator
692 Posts
I read your profile. It looks like you own the facelifted one.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could you be more specific? What year is your Tribeca? I have a spare headlight if it is an 06-07....I could just drop it in the mail if it is just a screw.
Mine is 2009
Mine is 2009 Tribeca.

·
Administrator
692 Posts
Maybe someone else here can mail the screw then.

·
Administrator
692 Posts
Put up a picture if you can. Spray some liquid wrench in there if you can and let it sit. Slotting out the head with a dremel might work. If there is enough of a head. Some tapping into the head with a screwdriver and turning works at times. A screw extractor and drilling it out works at times. Careful heat application works sometimes just make sure that you are careful as lubricant (especially liquid wrench) can be flammable. I have had times when none of this works and it seems to be getting more common as my cars get older and rusty.

·
Registered
138 Posts
if you couldn't find a solution - I can unscrew the screw in mine tomorrow and measure it. few days ago had to change bulb :D
but it is nothing special - little screw with washer and thread like for wood/drywall screw.

·
Administrator
692 Posts
OP....how did things turn out? We are trying to help.

·
Administrator
692 Posts
Those should be easy to replace. I'd put some anti-sieze on them NOW.

·
Administrator
692 Posts
I used them as you see.
I will be looking for new to replace old ones.
That's not going to help if you don't address the rust issue. The same will happen if you don't take care of the new ones.

·
Registered
138 Posts
there is not much torque or bad weather conditions.
mine were replaced with screws with washer "built in" and hexagonal head.
p.s. Embraer145, those screwheads look pretty worn - soon you won't be able to undo them using screwdriver.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts