Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi living in Montreal Canada and having winters season 7 months out of the year LOL. I was wondering if I have my B9 sprayed for rust proofing. Will the warranty be niled, by Subaru.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I asked that very question of the service manager at the New England dealership where I purchased my 'Beca and was told it would not be a problem. One of my previous vehicles, an Isuzu Trooper, suffered a lingering cancerous rust problem on its undercarriage when I heeded my dealer's warning that aftermarket rustproofing would void the manufacter's anti-corrosion warranty. I regretted that decision long after the Isuzu warranty expired.
BTW, also being from Montreal, I am having my new 'Beca rustproofed tomorrow and hope that an annual treatment will prevent or slow our city's winter salt bath from inflicting excess corrosion on the Subie's undersides.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats funny because I bought my Beca in Boston area. Where are you have it sprayed, and how much is it costing you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm having it sprayed at Nelson's Garage on Decarie in NDG. They're a Krown franchise as well as general mechanics. Cost is $100 + tax. From my research, the Krown product, a mix of oil and waxy substance adheres better than that offered by some of its competitors, especially Metropolitaine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I buy crown rust compund by the jug for 50 or 60 bucks. Its enough to do the car 3 or 4 times. I have an oil spray apparatus that uses compressed air with some quick attach wands for fenders and other areas. My 1992 Subaru is still on the road with some rust now on the rear quarter panels. My 1994 Legacy is starting to rust a little - however 14 years of Toronto driving would have eaten the car away otherwise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts