Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering if anyone had downsized. We are picking up our Tribeca in the next few days and I've been toying with the idea of slapping on a set of '05+ STi BBS's with snow tires for the winter. Figure the 17" size will save me about $200 in tire cost.

Has anyone done this? Any pics?

UPDATE--PICS BELOW

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Not a clue. I've never thought of downsizing my tires. Doesn't really matter for me as we don't have a garage to keep another set of tires :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was pretty jazzed when I found out all the STi wheels I seem to have collected would also fit the Tribeca. Problem with the 17" is you would have to get an even taller sidewall tire, though for winter maybe that is OK. Gold BBS on our SWP could look pretty sweet....

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are the new pics, '06 STi BBS's with Hankook IceBear 235/65/17 tires. They handle better than the stock Goodyears, even with the bigger sidewall. No fitiment issues at all.

I REALLY like them. My wife is, meh, they aren't as bad as I thought they were going to be.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Doesn't look that bad. It makes the brakes look nice and big. Now get some rally mud flaps and you'll be ready to throw some rocks and mud like a real Subie!:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts